Author Topic: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced?  (Read 907 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « on: January 17, 2022, 12:32:48 PM » Author: Burrito
Not sure when it was first avalible, lol :lol:

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 03:12:30 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I think it debuted in the late 1980's, but I could be wrong.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 05:12:44 PM » Author: Burrito
Ok.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 10:02:52 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I know that they existed as early as 1985 as I remember seeing 1/2 dozen of them on the Connecticut Turnpike used as a test on one off ramp before the original GE Form 400 clamshells were replaced with 250w HPS cobra heads .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 02:10:35 AM » Author: Econolite03
Interesting to hear these dated back to the 80s considering most of the RLGs here were newer. IIRC I’ve also heard they weren’t exactly well made fixtures, which I thought was a weak spot for Hubbell.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 09:53:31 AM » Author: Burrito
i honestly don't care that much that these where made crappy, i think there still beautiful fixtures, lol

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 06:01:17 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I haven't seen any older than mid 80's probably the oldest.
They're very expensive fixtures and not worth their price in my opinion. I used to think they were the best quality you could get until I found out otherwise, and had seen the build quality more clearly.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 06:19:40 PM » Author: Burrito
nri industrial on eBay has 10 available for 300.00 something dollars

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 07:50:38 PM » Author: joseph_125
They're very expensive fixtures and not worth their price in my opinion. I used to think they were the best quality you could get until I found out otherwise, and had seen the build quality more clearly.

Yeah I used to think that too but it turns out they were just more expensive than other brands. There's a couple of Hubbell power doors on eBay and it looks like they use Howard ballasts as OEM. For the prices that Hubbells are I would have expected Universal or Advance IMO.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 10:27:02 PM » Author: Burrito
I think when you order one and it ships as a whole it will have an Advance ballast in it, Or at least the older ones.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 11:58:56 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Of the 6 RLG's installed on the Ct. Turnpike , not one survived a year !!!  I don't know if it was the ballast that failed or the ignitor . The quality is REALLY BAD !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: When was the Hubbell RLG street lamp introduced? « Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 02:19:51 AM » Author: joseph_125
IIRC from user opinion on here, Howard ballasts aren't that high quality so if that's what those used maybe that's why they failed so quickly. There used to be a few Hubbells HPS here but I didn't recall seeing any excessive failures in them. They're now replaced with LED of course.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies