Author Topic: North American F40T12 preheat ballasts with voltages above 120v  (Read 542 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
North American F40T12 preheat ballasts with voltages above 120v « on: January 25, 2022, 01:08:14 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Were there any manufacturers besides GE and ISB Sola Basic that made F40T12 preheat fluorescent ballasts in voltages over 120v for the North American market? So far, I recently discovered that the Mexican company ISB Sola Basic made some 2 lamp F40T12 preheat fluorescent ballasts designed for 220v, 254v, and 277v mains at 60hz frequency for the Mexican market. Did well known North American ballast manufacturers such as Advance, Universal, Magnetek, or Jefferson Electric manufacture any F40T12 preheat fluorescent ballasts designed for voltages above 120v for the North American market such as 208v, 240v, 277v, and 347v? If such ballasts existed, were any of them simple series chokes without autotransformers?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:15:31 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: North American F40T12 preheat ballasts with voltages above 120v « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 03:17:14 PM » Author: funkybulb
This is a silly question  U know dang well that we have a 240 volt Delta 3 phase it one of oldest 3 phase systen in US.   So that means
 There Manufactures out there in 1940s and 1950s made 240 Ballast
 For 240 volt Delta system.  There is a delta system out there where
 One of tranformer is larger than the other that provided single phase 120/240 for lighting.  Utilty company call that transformer lighting or Lighter  out of 3 phase delta system.  It can be open delta
Or Close Delta system.  Open delta typically use on large resdential homes or on farms and Ranch, and light commerical.  Power company hate this system as it a unballance 3 phase system on the primary so it only use on old installs  back in old days 480 volt was consider industrial voltage.  As stores grew larger in 1960s and 70s
They started bringing in 480 volt 277 Y system now I seen 480 Volt use in small shopping center with 277 volt lighting as well. I have seen 480 volt rare fluorescent ballast cause it was use on very long rows of lights I am talking 400 fixtures per row in a industral plant that had 480 volt Delta system  and lighting transformer is 240 Volts!

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies