Author Topic: An update on CreeRSW207  (Read 2577 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

An update on CreeRSW207 « on: February 02, 2022, 07:28:12 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here's what has been going on with me recently
-Jan 16, I had a basketball practice that during a drill I took a charge and fell back, during that my knee almost felt like something entirely popped. I had to sit out the rest of practice and was taken to a walk in but referred to the emergency room later that day. At the emergency room they took a couple x rays but also tried fully extending my knee to no avail. So they scheduled me for an Mri at a later date. In the meantime they gave me crutches.

Fast forward to what should've been the MRI but apparently they screwed it up and were planning on doing the left knee instead of the right one, they moved the date to Tuesday but my mom called in to find out it was still for the left leg, by the next day (Tuesday) it was all fixed and the MRI was done. I was actually able to extend my leg almost fully without any pain!

The MRI results were in but the doctor only said that I need to see him Monday (Jan 31.). When I got there I was told I had a significant tear on my meniscus and the part torn was pretty much around the back of my knee! And what did they say? SURGERY TOMORROW. So yesterday I had to go through all that, I was under Anastasia but I was so unbelievably nervous. Now the surgery is done and I have a follow up appointment this coming Monday that I will find out details about what they did. There were two surgery options, take out the torn piece but have a risk of arthritis down the road, or simply reattach the two pieced and allow them to heal. So as of right now I'm in a brace and will continue to have crutches for at least 6 weeks.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 07:44:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Just wondering, who is Anastasia, and did she mind...  :wndr: 

I'll get me coat...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:47:46 AM » Author: rjluna2
I hope you have a speedy recovery from here :-\

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 10:07:47 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Just wondering, who is Anastasia, and did she mind...  :wndr: 

I'll get me coat...  :mrg:
I think I spelled it wrong. :lol:

@rjluna2, Thanks! I really hope so too.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 10:13:40 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
That's unfortunate, I hope you get better and have a speedy recovery! :)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 10:21:45 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Thank you so much! I hope so too, I gotta get back to sports and seeing some old lights!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 10:22:47 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Terrible! Hopefully recovery goes well and quickly.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

ElectroLite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 04:13:45 PM » Author: ElectroLite
Holy s**t dude. What you've just gone through is literally my worst fear. I can't take the thought of going under anesthesia or needing a sudden surprise surgery like that. I honestly can't imagine what kind of anxiety you must've gone through, as those thoughts sure stress me out.

Good on you for being brave and pushing through it. Wishing you a quick and easy recovery! :)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 06:12:56 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yea it was surely nerve wracking because of such short notice but I’m glad I got it done as soon as possible so I can get back to normal as soon as I can. I’m happy I was put under Anesthesia though because I had no interest in being awake. After all, I got an extra two hours of sleep. :lol:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 06:19:46 PM » Author: Econolite03
What’s up Cree? My M-400 and I hope you get well and recover soon!
 8)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 06:21:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I had to have a lump on my arm removed a few years ago, and at the end of explaining the procedure, the surgeon asked if I had any questions.  :wndr:

He was somewhat taken aback when I said, 'Can I watch.?'  :poof:

Give him his due, he rearranged things so that I could see what was going on...  :lol:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 06:54:29 PM » Author: Bulbman256
That sounds like a wild time Cree, Hope your a doing better and I wish you a speedy recovery. 8) :love:

Both the times I had to go to the ER where for head injuries, which might explain a few things... :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 06:57:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yeah, I forgot to pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery, knee injuries can be painful things. :-*

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 07:01:13 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Thank you everyone for your positive messages! This is a really painful time right now but it's going to be over before I know it! I'll hit rehab hard and I'll be back to normal in no time!

WigWag
Re: An update on CreeRSW207 « Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 07:56:27 PM » Author: WigWag
Warmest and best wishes for a fast recovery from myself and my brother Jamie (Morbid Angel)! He sure misses your pictures!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies