Author Topic: Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light  (Read 1203 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light « on: February 03, 2022, 05:43:46 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Leotek has just recently revised their Safeguard light to a more durable and Utility model compared to the generic yardblaster look it previously had. This light has a color temperature shield which could change 4000K to 2700K and 2700K to 2200K when the shield is attached. Also an optional bucket assembly is offered. I like this look better as it compares to the looks of their other fixtures but stands out at the same time.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 05:54:14 PM » Author: Econolite03
Nice, I saw the promotional video for these on their website. I thought the color temperature changing filter was pretty interesting. I’m curious if other manufacturers will follow suit with such a option.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 06:24:29 PM » Author: Lumex120
Honestly the color temperature filter thing is pretty stupid IMO as it will cut down efficiency quite a bit.

Unofficial LG Discord

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 06:34:21 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I wonder if they'll start using the amber filter on any of the GreenCobra luminaires.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 07:19:51 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Nice, I saw the promotional video for these on their website. I thought the color temperature changing filter was pretty interesting. I’m curious if other manufacturers will follow suit with such a option.
Yeah that’s very possible as it seems to be the first of its kind as of now.

@Lumex120, It actually doesn’t do much difference to it, only a small lumen amount is lost actually.

@LightsoftheWest, Possibly, it wouldn’t surprise me if they are going to try it with all of their lights, especially since it can act as an anti glare shield.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light « Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 08:19:45 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think it might look better with the bucket fitted. As for the colour temeperature filter, I personally think they're better off adopting lower colour temperature white LEDs or even a mix of white and amber instead of the filter but it's good to see more manufacturers offer a low colour temperature option for their streetlights.

Hopefully this means that there's a demand for this option out there compared to higher colour temperature options.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Leotek has revised the Safeguard area light « Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 08:57:34 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yea, I can see how it looks better. I think the filter is certainly interesting but I'll be interested to see how it performs. I think they still sell unfiltered 3000K and 4000K models.

There's definitely been more demand for lower color temperatures recently, not many new installations here have been 4000K+.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies