Author Topic: Did Lithonia bring back the KSE, KAR, and KVS?  (Read 1247 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Did Lithonia bring back the KSE, KAR, and KVS? « on: February 06, 2022, 06:19:24 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
After checking the product inventory of Lithonia Lighting very frequently, I noticed that three of their fixtures, the KSE, KVS, and KAR that were discontinued a very long time ago have reappeared on their website! It's extremely shocking to me, as most manufacturers are focusing on LED technology. The KVS disappeared almost a year ago and it's been almost a decade since the KAR and KSE were last seen on Acuity's website. Looking at the product pages, none of them seem to be discontinued. Before those three fixtures reappeared, the KAD was the only HID area light to still be made. The ones that disappeared almost a year ago were the Aeris™️, Omero™️, KVE, KVF, KVR, KVS, KSF, KAC, KADT, and KT1. The KSF remained on the website for whatever reason, and still does. The KK, KQ, and KC Series was discontinued about a decade-and-a-half ago. The KAS, the rectilinear twin of the KAR, was also discontinued right around the time the KK, KQ, and KC Series was discontinued.

KSE, KAR, KVS

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:08:12 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Did Lithonia bring back the KSE, KAR, and KVS? « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 07:06:24 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Somehow more demand? Though I highly doubt it in today's LED world.

Or maybe somehow they accidentally put the models back up. The only way to find out is to contact Lithonia directly.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Did Lithonia bring back the KSE, KAR, and KVS? « Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 07:09:43 PM » Author: HPS_250
After checking the product inventory of Lithonia Lighting very frequently, I noticed that three of their fixtures, the KSE, KVS, and KAR that were discontinued a very long time ago have reappeared on their website! It's extremely shocking to me, as most manufacturers are focusing on LED technology. The KVS disappeared almost a year ago and it's been almost a decade since the KAR and KSE were last seen on Acuity's website. Looking at the product pages, none of them seem to be discontinued. Before those three fixtures reappeared, the KAD was the only HID area light to still be made. The ones that disappeared almost a year ago were the Aeris™️, Omero™️, KVE, KVF, KVR, KVS, KSF, KAC, KADT, and KT1. The KSF remained on the website for whatever reason, and still does. The KK, KQ, and KC Series was discontinued about a decade-and-a-half ago. The KAS, the rectilinear twin of the KAR, was also discontinued right around the time the KK, KQ, and KC Series was discontinued.

KSE, KAR, KVS

Any thoughts?

That’s interesting! If I were to be extremely hopeful I’d say they started manufacturing these fixtures again, but as already said that’s really unlikely. Could have been a mistake somehow, but I don’t know.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Did Lithonia bring back the KSE, KAR, and KVS? « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 11:01:21 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I downloaded the spec sheets for all three, and none of them had the big, red "DISCONTINUED" lettering that spans the entirety of the page diagonally like Acuity typically does when they discontinue a product.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Did Lithonia bring back the KSE, KAR, and KVS? « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 11:51:16 PM » Author: Burrito
It could very well be that they put these up for reference. I whipped up my own CAT. NO for the KVS

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies