Author Topic: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one?  (Read 1427 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « on: February 09, 2022, 03:33:45 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Come to notice how there exists no forums and such with fan smiles. (To my knowledge). How cool could those look?

Lighting gallery has quite a few fan buffs. Maybe there's some fan groups they are in that would like your ideas presented here.

If any of you enjoy fans and dabble in pixel art for fun, feel free to submit them here, I for one would be curious to see them. I will not be submitting any, just viewing. Aside from the idea of fans, I'm keeping my fingers out of this pie.

Please note that this is for fun, not to add to the site... Though I assume if one were demanded enough, it could be added by another admin in the future.

Smileys similar to classic forums should be no more than 38x38p. If you need to be a little more or less, that's fine too as this is for fun. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 10:29:02 AM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 04:37:36 AM » Author: Econolite03
Ok, so I just randomly drew one up online. I have no prior experience with smiles but I if I had to guess it would look something like what’s below. I know, my sketch probably sucks and doesn’t meet the 38p and such, but here’s what’s supposed to be a box fan:
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 07:58:13 AM » Author: rjluna2
Cool :D

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 10:27:10 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Looks good!  :)

Administrator #5

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 09:58:10 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Econolite03:
Other than the spotty background, kinda reminds me of one of the old style 3-blade computer fans. .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 10:00:47 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Heh thats true, looks like this pic.

I have some of these in my stock somewhere

Administrator #5

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 10:01:26 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
That ^ is exactly what I was thinking of. Have a couple of those (but black) sitting around

--------------------------------

Just for fun: a ceiling fan.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 12:46:29 AM » Author: Burrito
Now someone should do a light bulb ceiling fan where the blades are lamps

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 12:54:18 AM » Author: Econolite03
@xmaslightguy: That gif looks kinda like the Hampton Bay Antigua ceiling fan.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 02:14:10 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
That ^ is exactly what I was thinking of. Have a couple of those (but black) sitting around

--------------------------------

Just for fun: a ceiling fan.

The grey ones from the mac pro desktops can spin VERY fast and loud :o Sadly these grey apple fans seem to have some proprietary connection and not PWM despite the 4 pin connector and wont work on pc motherboards.

Administrator #5

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Fan 'smilies' do they exist? Can anyone make one? « Reply #10 on: February 22, 2022, 12:21:46 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Econolite03
@xmaslightguy: That gif looks kinda like the Hampton Bay Antigua ceiling fan.
When I was done making it, I was thinking: "that looks like something I've seen at Home Depot"

Quote from: Lightingguy1994
  The grey ones from the mac pro desktops can spin VERY fast and loud
The black ones I have, some are fast & loud .. but they're also simple 120v. My understanding is they came out of old commercial computer systems. (old at the time I got them which was probably a couple decades ago, so ancient bu todays standards .lol. )

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies