Author Topic: Why are PL-L lamps in the Korean countries called “FPL” lamps?  (Read 614 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why are PL-L lamps in the Korean countries called “FPL” lamps? « on: February 19, 2022, 12:48:22 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While trying to do some research about Japan’s unique G10Q base FPL CFL lamps and find videos about them, I noticed that when I searched on eBay and on google for some of those Japanese G10Q FPL CFL lamps, I have noticed that some results of familiar 2G11 base PL-L CFL lamps showed up along with Korean characters surrounding them, which means that PL-L CFL lamps seem to be popular in the Korean countries for some reason. I really would like to know why The Korean countries refer to their 2G11 PL-L CFL lamps using Japanese FPL nomenclature rather than European PL-L nomenclature? It really does not make sense to me because I believe that Japanese FPL nomenclature seems like it was meant to be used for their G10Q base twin tube CFL lamps.

Here are some results of Korean PL-L CFL lamps being referred to as “FPL” lamps:

https://m.shoppinghow.kakao.com/m/search/q/FPL36EX-W

As you can see in this example, you can clearly see that most of the results show a bunch of European specification PL-L lamps while there are a few Japanese specification FPL lamps with G10Q bases.

Shown below is some results of Japanese FPL CFL lamps on a Japanese website:

https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=fpl36ex&ei=UTF-8&fr=sush

I am really interested in knowing why the Korean countries refer to their PL-L CFL lamps as “FPL” CFL lamps with Japanese nomenclature.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Why are PL-L lamps in the Korean countries called “FPL” lamps? « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 08:39:54 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
I don't know. I guess it's because of the local writing, because I also saw that the Japanese U shape tube start with FML.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies