Author Topic: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp  (Read 3934 times)
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « on: February 26, 2022, 08:45:32 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I’ve been looking for one of these for quite a while. I don’t care about the brand, as long as it’s a clear lamp for H36 ballast.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 10:39:50 PM by RadiantMV » Logged
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 10:27:43 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Do you mind if the 1000w mercury vapor lamp is a 1000w H36 lamp or a 1000w H34 lamp? I would love to get a 1000w clear mercury vapor lamp designed for 1000w H34 mercury vapor ballasts due to the fact that they are much rarer than the ones designed for 1000w H36 mercury vapor ballasts.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 10:39:03 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I want an H36 lamp.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 10:40:28 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Nice. I would certainly go for a 1000w H34 mercury vapor lamp for the challenge of properly operating it due to the extreme rarity of 1000w H34 mercury vapor ballasts.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 11:19:44 PM » Author: joseph_125
There's this GE HR1000A36 on eBay. It's a bit expensive as I've seen 1000w clears for $30 before but it's cheaper than other sellers online at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:45:24 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 02:23:47 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I saw that, but its much too expensive for my tastes considering its a single lamp and isn’t even that rare.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 02:42:51 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Nowadays, clear 1000w H36 mercury vapor lamps seem much harder to come by than they did 5 years ago.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 12:26:56 PM » Author: BT25
There's this GE HR1000A36 on eBay. It's a bit expensive as I've seen 1000w clears for $30 before but it's cheaper than Interlight.

Don't buy from Interlight...they're a dishonest outfit...I found out the hard way. :curse:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 01:04:29 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
What lamp did you try buying from interlight and what did you end up receiving?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 01:45:01 PM » Author: joseph_125
@BT25, that's a shame. I thought they were on the expensive side but legit.
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 02:06:47 PM » Author: BT25
What lamp did you try buying from interlight and what did you end up receiving?
They claimed to have GE 150PAR38 yellow dicroic lamps in stock, so I ordered some. What I received was some cheaply made amber painted BR38 lamps. When I contacted them, they said 'we're out of stock, so we substituted'...what?! Cheap imported junk, instead of what I ordered?! I asked for a refund and got the runaround...finally got a refund...I still had to pay return shipping...no refund there. AVOID THESE CLOWNS!  :curse:

Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 02:47:46 PM » Author: joseph_125
So much for this line on their website "INTERLIGHT does not and will not distribute "Unknown Brands" of questionable quality."  :curse: ::)

Some of the Google reviews on them mention the same. Anyway I removed the link to them in my post above.

I would be angry too if I got cheapo no name imported lamps if I paid top dollar for a specific name brand lamp and got a substitute sent to me. At the very least they should have contacted you informing of the substitute BEFORE shipping out asking if you approve of it.
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #12 on: March 24, 2022, 02:52:22 PM » Author: BT25
Yep, they didn't contact me and explain anything...just sent them anyway! >:(

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #13 on: March 24, 2022, 03:21:50 PM » Author: Econolite03
They claimed to have GE 150PAR38 yellow dicroic lamps in stock, so I ordered some. What I received was some cheaply made amber painted BR38 lamps. When I contacted them, they said 'we're out of stock, so we substituted'...what?! (…)
What the heck? Sounds like they’re ex-drive thru employees who got customer orders wrong.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: clear 1000 watt mercury lamp « Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 03:23:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
From some of the Google reviews I've been reading, they've been using the excuse of being under new management for the past year or so to justify their "customer service" or lack of. >:(
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies