Author Topic: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup  (Read 1894 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « on: February 27, 2022, 10:06:37 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Seems like Philips is about to introduce the “Roadfocus Plus” lineup, I’m not sure if it will replace the original lineup or not but these look really cheap. The photo below appears to be the smallest option.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 10:51:36 AM » Author: Econolite03
Uh oh, looks like a knockoff HID Mongoose or something.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 03:26:46 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I hope they don't discontinue the original RoadFocus series. It looks vaguely like a Cooper OVF. Also, the optics look like the Silicone Micro optics used on luminaires made by NLS Lighting.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 09:21:36 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, the original RoadFocus series isn't that bad looking. Although these look like like a HID cobrahead, especially that short lived American Electric model with the truncated housing. If they tweaked the design a bit and added a drop light it would probably be the most cobrahead looking LED light.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 05:51:31 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yea I don't really care for them (at least the nano model) because they look too much like a Navion. It would be pretty nice to see these with a drop lens.

@joseph_125, That is probably the Howard Lighting USC/AEL 413 fixtures that you're referring to.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 07:21:00 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the AEL 413 was the model I was referring to, pretty obscure light so I always forget the model number of it.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 08:01:24 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I've actually never seen one In person. Just a couple on here. The closest one that I know of is one I saw on the Frangioso's Album buy I don't even know if it's still there.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 02:28:58 PM » Author: Molly
Seems like Philips is about to introduce the “Roadfocus Plus” lineup, I’m not sure if it will replace the original lineup or not but these look really cheap. The photo below appears to be the smallest option.

Looks very similar to the LED Howard fixtures.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 09:50:18 PM » Author: Burrito
I don't see the resemblance to a cobrahead fixture

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: I think Philips is about to ruin their Roadfocus lineup « Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 10:02:43 PM » Author: HPS_250
Yeah, looks somewhat cheap and lower quality from that photo at least. For now the original lineup is still in production according to their website though.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies