Author Topic: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20  (Read 3355 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « on: February 27, 2022, 01:47:47 PM » Author: Burrito
i want to know where i can find one of these Clamshells

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 10:40:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
You just missed one on eBay .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 10:40:51 PM » Author: Burrito
I saw it, but i know it would not last very long

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 10:44:36 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
They DO seem to pop up from time to time ! The good thing is that they were really popular back in the day so there's still a lot of them left .

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 10:46:21 PM » Author: Burrito
I know that my city used them on Highway 91, back in the 50's

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 10:48:15 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
And I'm sure that somewhere in your town , someone has one of them sitting around somewhere !

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 10:49:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah they pop up eBay from time to time.

If it could be bought for cheap, it might be worth it to pick up any parts you see and slowly assemble a complete one. I assembled my OV10 from parts but I got lucky and found all the parts I needed within a 3 month span.

Ahh seems the one on eBay just sold too, it seems these older clamshells are really going up in value. I haven't found one even for $100 in a while.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 10:50:23 PM » Author: Burrito
Nope, but there is an OV-35 behind a business, on it's original pole and remote ballast tho. Highway 91 no longer runs through here that photograph is now on the road is called St. George Boulevard and those are no longer there, at least since the 70's

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 10:54:42 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The OV-35 & ballast is definitely worth saving !!  When the OV-20's were removed , I'm sure that not all of them were scrapped . I'd be willing to bet that someone managed to save at least one and it's probably still sitting in the back of some garage or basement somewhere in your town !

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 10:58:03 PM » Author: Burrito
The city might have saved one, i was supposed to visit them back in 2018, never happened. But i actually did go to a metal scrap yard and saw TONS of OVM's and OVF's and also, OVD's. Oh, and an ITT model 25. But in 2018, but they kicked me out

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 11:02:35 PM » Author: joseph_125
You can't tell from how it looks now, but my area had a ton of clamshells prior to the 90s HPS refit. Mostly 400w MV on the main roads.

Not sure if any got saved but my OV10 was from a seller nearby. That OV35 and ballast is definitely worth saving, you even might be able to trade it with other collectors for a OV20.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2022, 11:05:06 PM » Author: Burrito
I won't be able to save it anytime until i get older and ask the owner of the store that it is behind, i think i seen it work before, the pole is painted black, and the ballast is silver

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 11:46:06 PM » Author: Burrito
The OV-35 & ballast is definitely worth saving !!  When the OV-20's were removed , I'm sure that not all of them were scrapped . I'd be willing to bet that someone managed to save at least one and it's probably still sitting in the back of some garage or basement somewhere in your town !
here it is per google maps, i will get a real pic in a few weeks

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #13 on: February 28, 2022, 02:18:11 AM » Author: joseph_125
Nice, hopefully you can get some pictures of it.

It took me years to get my hands on a clamshell and they were used all over the place here at one point. Hopefully when you have the means to collect lights, you'll be able to get your hands on one...maybe even save that OV-35.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #25: Westinghouse OV-20 « Reply #14 on: February 28, 2022, 05:33:39 PM » Author: Burrito
I might be able too, since i packed up my lighting papers on the floor, ready to sell

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies