Author Topic: GE Lighting sells Nela Park Campus  (Read 1506 times)
LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
GE Lighting sells Nela Park Campus « on: March 10, 2022, 08:39:52 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
GE has sold their NELA Park campus in East Cleveland, OH. They will remain a tenant in the building but will be closing their last two Ohio factories.

https://www.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2022/03/ge-lightings-owner-sells-nela-park-in-east-cleveland-will-remain-as-tenant.html
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: GE Lighting sells Nela Park Campus « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:33:29 PM » Author: Econolite03
Lovely.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: GE Lighting sells Nela Park Campus « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 10:45:55 PM » Author: Patrick
Well, that's the end of large-scale lamp production in the United States.  The writing was on the wall already.  The other two major manufacturers had already ended U.S. production.  The one hope for operations Bucyrus & Logan continuing was that the new LED A19 bulbs and LED tubes would offset the reduced demand for fluorescent and halogen.  But, Savant decided to shut down the LED lines a year ago, and since then they've been on borrowed time.  It was only a question of when.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: GE Lighting sells Nela Park Campus « Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 12:42:00 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I guess non-LED lamps from now on will fail right out of the box due to being made in China.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: GE Lighting sells Nela Park Campus « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 07:41:22 PM » Author: 108CAM
Only just found out about this and It's very sad even for a collector who doesn't have any lamps made at Nela Park.
I consider Nela Park to be the birthplace of the Fluorescent Lighting, my all time favourite light source but Nela Park was so much more. It survived both World Wars and the Great Depression, the legendary Albert Einstein visited in 1921, they pioneered the mass production of Mazda Lamps and best of all, they kept the wheels of industry turning for over 100 years.

GE Lighting Nela Park
1911-2022
May Your Lamps Forever Shine Brightly In Our Collections

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies