Author Topic: Best way to clean bulbs and tubes without having the etch wipe off?  (Read 791 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Best way to clean bulbs and tubes without having the etch wipe off? « on: March 20, 2022, 11:28:34 PM » Author: 108CAM
I have quite a few dirty bulbs and tubes I'd like to clean but I want to be able to do it without accidentally wiping the etches off the glass. I worked out that any wet based method cleans the glass really well but removes the etch as well. Dry cleaning methods work for most surface dust but not all of it.
Is there any trick to doing it without wiping off the etch?

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best way to clean bulbs and tubes without having the etch wipe off? « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 02:28:41 AM » Author: Medved
Using wet cloth but avoiding the etch. Then clean the glass between etch ink by some earbuds or so...

No more selfballasted c***

Bean
Re: Best way to clean bulbs and tubes without having the etch wipe off? « Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 07:00:20 AM » Author: Bean
I recommend use water and nothing else. Once I wiped some etch off of a lamp when I cleaned it with hand sanitizer.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies