Author Topic: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027  (Read 4204 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « on: April 25, 2022, 12:38:41 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
As far as bulb bans are becoming more aggressive, it seems like the European union will phase out all remaining high pressure sodium and metal halide lamps starting in 2027. It seems like by the year 2030, fluorescent and HID lighting will become almost impossible to find and extremely rare in the world and it seems like new lighting enthusiasts will only have access to LED lighting for the most part if they live in countries that are part of the Minamata convention.

Here is the article:

https://www.auralight.com/en/applications/applications/industry-light/t8-phase-out

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 02:28:10 AM » Author: dor123
I think the article is laying and only do this to promotes their LED lighting products.
LEDs have much more polluting and toxic materials than HID and fluorescents.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 02:53:46 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I think their just trying to stick to their CO2 reduction deadline of 2030

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 03:02:16 AM » Author: dor123
But LED manufacturing produces much more CO2 and pollutants than other types of lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 03:11:31 AM » Author: AngryHorse
It’s more of the electricity generation of CO2, than the manufacturing process I think?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 01:52:16 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 03:14:38 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The idea of banning HID lighting is to eliminate mercury pollution from the environment.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 04:11:20 AM » Author: dor123
But manufacturing LEDs produces much more mercury than HID and fluorescent lamps.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 04:12:06 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
LED lamps are often said to be mercury free.

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 04:23:01 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
LPS is mercury free and we all know what happened to them :(
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 05:19:03 AM » Author: dor123
LED lamps are often said to be mercury free.
This is a pure BS. LED have tons of other toxic materials. And the manufacturing of LEDs releases much more mercury to the atmosphere than manufacturing HID and fluorescent lamps.

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 12:12:13 PM » Author: Alex
Hello

As much as I am concerned, it is both the reduction of co2 production due to Energy production, and especially also the reducing of energy consumption as well as the ban of toxic heavy metals like lead and mercury from overall Household items. You can see that with the last change in energy labels, many LED lamps became E or G the badest, and i think they is chance that tose might get banned soon. Is it really needs to ban HID in particular? Certainly not, in most area it is daed technology and production has been shifted orphaned out due to lack of demand. The decrease in demand will just continue to draw attention and interest by professionals away from this topic.

Dor,
your making some very strong claims here. Are you able to back this claims with data, or is it just again an assumption based on the headline of something you sometime wrote on the internet?

best regards,

Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 12:17:30 PM » Author: dor123
The right way to reduce CO2 emission is to ban SUVs, 4x4s, Jeeps and pickups, which gaining popularity in the world. These produces lots of pollutants compared to cars, even if they are electricals or hybrids. Banning lamps won't reduces CO2 and mercury, but will do the opposite.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 12:27:19 PM by dor123 » Logged

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 12:55:11 PM » Author: Alex
Hello Dor123,

I think you did not understand What i asksd you. I asked to back up your statements, with things like actual data, their party studies, scientific models and so one.

Best regards
Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #13 on: April 25, 2022, 06:39:22 PM » Author: James
This is not strictly correct.  For most HID types, rather than a ban in 2027, there will simply be another review.  If by that time it can be proven that HID can be replaced by LED retrofits then a ban is possible, but it's equally likely that in fact the date will be postponed again, as has happened every few years since the early 2000s.
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #14 on: April 25, 2022, 10:09:38 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
只能说,HID和荧光灯确实会被逐步淘汰,但是不可能在2027年全部被LED取代,但是荧光灯和HID产生的污染确实十分显著:比如说荧光灯内含有大量铅和铅汞,HID内含大量汞蒸气,现在中国的LED除了PCB板含微量铅以外基本不含任何有害物质。所以在中国,有些品牌已经只生产LED了,但是我觉得至少在中国,LED不可能在短时间内替代所有其他灯。
It can only be said that HID and fluorescent lamps will indeed be phased out, but it is impossible to be replaced by LEDs in 2027, but the pollution generated by fluorescent lamps and HID is indeed very significant: for example, fluorescent lamps contain a lot of lead and lead mercury, HID contains a lot of mercury vapor, and now China's LEDs basically do not contain any harmful substances except for the PCB board containing trace amounts of lead. So in China, some brands already only produce LEDs, but I think at least in China, LEDs can't replace all other lights in a short period of time.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies