Author Topic: Strange bulb with needle on top?  (Read 1673 times)
refridgedude1841

View Posts
View Gallery

Strange bulb with needle on top? « on: May 09, 2022, 09:50:02 PM » Author: refridgedude1841
Came across this odd bulb from Siemens...can't seem to find anything about it.  Anyone ever see one like this? 
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Strange bulb with needle on top? « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 07:34:33 PM » Author: 108CAM
Very strange. All I can think of is that the metal band around the glass is some kind of anti-vibration device and the needle slots into a little hole that would be inside the original fixture.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Strange bulb with needle on top? « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 12:12:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hi,

Have you posted this on the gallery.?  :wndr:
There's a whole other knowledge base on there that might be able to help.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Strange bulb with needle on top? « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 09:28:30 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Looking through 'Rays of Light', I've found  a 'Magicoal' lamp made by Siemens, but patented by N.M. Berry in the 1920s.  :wndr:

It's a heater lamp with a tungsten vee filament, plus stem tube exhaust and a sharp pin to hold it in place.

It should have a Bayonet Cap and be rated for 200V producing 40W.

The dimensions given are 3" x 4½"

Hope that helps  8) :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LampsAndMore

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange bulb with needle on top? « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 02:55:34 PM » Author: LampsAndMore
Yes that is a needle or at least the longest glass blowing tip i have ever seen  :inc: :o
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies