Author Topic: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting  (Read 934 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « on: May 12, 2022, 06:49:57 AM » Author: dor123
I've discovered a social phenomenon in Israel, where people doing as much as possible to get rid of natural lighting and turning on artificial lighting indoors during the day. If by covering the windows with curtains, or by closing the windows shutters, or by other means.
Look at these pictures:
1. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-146169
2. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-172013
These pictures are of exactly the same place of the dental clinic of Neve-Ram, which belongs to A.D.N.M company. However, in the first picture, they have blue ceiling that pass sunlight and daylight to the area, and in the second picture, they have a drop ceiling with LED lighting.
This means that they installed this drop ceiling to get rid of daylight and sunlight, which are available for free and don't consumes artificial manufactured energy in favor of LED lighting which consumes artificial manufactured energy.
This place is only one of lots of places here in Israel, where people trying to get rid of natural lighting in favor of artificial lighting.
Are there another countries that people trying to get rid of natural lighting in favor of artificial lighting?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:36:17 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 02:06:29 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
At my high school, there were some painted windows that blocked out natural sunlight in favor of artificial lighting. I personally thought that it was a colossal waste of electrical energy.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 02:59:28 AM » Author: Medved
In these cases the desire is not that much to get rid of natural daylight, but to not allow the solar heat to enter the building so generate excess load to the air conditioning.
Spending electricity on artificial light may seem odd when there is plenty of sunlight, but mainly with the present light technology efficiency it cost less energy to operate artificial lights and make the building closed and so better insulated than to allow the sunlight in and then spend a lot of energy to remove the heat that creeps in along the sunlight.
At least these days achieving that energy consumption level is today way cheaper by blocking all the natural radiation (both heat and light) to get in than to design some fancy filters allowing the light to enter but still blocking the heat. And saying that I'm not sure if it is even possible with present technology at all.

No more selfballasted c***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 03:01:05 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In some buildings, there are even some daylighting systems that help to bring natural daylight into the building to minimize the need for artificial lighting.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 03:09:06 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
This problem is also very obvious in China: for example, some shopping malls can use glass roofs to absorb natural light, and install small lights on top of glass roofs to illuminate at night. However, most shopping malls use suspended ceilings to directly close the top, and instead use large-area soft LED panels. This is indeed an issue that cannot be ignored.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 03:16:18 AM » Author: dor123
Why I asking the question... Because recently, the tutors of my hostel, began to close the shutters of the windows in my hostel, and turn on lamps during the day. When I ask them to turn off lamps and open the shutters, the refuse and asks me to go to my location in my hostel.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 03:32:43 AM » Author: Medved
In some buildings, there are even some daylighting systems that help to bring natural daylight into the building to minimize the need for artificial lighting.

Bu the general problem with most of these is, they bring in the heat as well. So mainly in dry hot climates dealing with the extra heat costs more energy than the artificial lighting needs.

There is no question about the natural light being vastly superior and even the system being more resilient towards shorter energy outages (the building thermal inertia can cover losing the cooling for a few hours without any extra equipment for that, but losing the main light for even few minutes means you have to close and evacuate), but these are not always the priorities for the building design. The build and running costs are and those are way lower in those hot climates without the daylight harvesting systems.

The same is valid for the shutters: Opening them allows the daylight in, but as well the heat.

Of course in colder climates, where you have to heat up the building, the situation is completely different.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 12:54:05 PM » Author: Rommie
No danger of excess heat getting in here, this part of the world never gets very warm, even in the height of summer  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #8 on: May 13, 2022, 01:21:18 PM » Author: Medved
I know... :-)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 01:30:58 PM » Author: dor123
No danger of excess heat getting in here, this part of the world never gets very warm, even in the height of summer  :mrg:
Scotland is very close to the arctic circle, and I bet you have white nights (Civil twilight at midnight) in the summer.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 03:20:51 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Why I asking the question... Because recently, the tutors of my hostel, began to close the shutters of the windows in my hostel, and turn on lamps during the day. When I ask them to turn off lamps and open the shutters, the refuse and asks me to go to my location in my hostel.
This is not a good practice. This is not only a waste of electricity, but also the light generally can not completely restore natural light, eye protection is much worse than natural light

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Other countries beside Israel, where people trys to get rid of natural lighting « Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 02:30:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As Medved has stated in a warm country like Israel, it's cheaper to use artificial lighting over running air conditioning.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies