Author Topic: Is there a European starter equivalent to North American FS12 starters?  (Read 646 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Is there a European starter equivalent to North American FS12 starters? « on: May 13, 2022, 02:13:47 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
From what I am aware of, I have known that although 32w circline lamps are used in most parts of the world, I have known that in North America, they are often used with FS12 starters while in Japan, they use FG-5PL glow starters and FE5P electronic starters to correspond with the lamp’s arc voltage drop. After knowing all this information, is there a European equivalent starter for North American FS12 starters, Japanese FG-5PL glow starters, and Japanese FE5P electronic starters?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Is there a European starter equivalent to North American FS12 starters? « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 02:38:06 AM » Author: dor123
Philips S10 and Osram ST111 can start T9 32W circular lamps well.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is there a European starter equivalent to North American FS12 starters? « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 02:44:11 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
However, those starters require a much higher ballast OCV than the North American FS12 starters at around 200v minimum while the North American FS12 starters, the Japanese FG-5PL glowbottle starters, and the Japanese FE5P electronic starters require an OCV of around 150v minimum. In that case, Philips S10 starters and Osram ST111 starters do not work at all on North American 32w circline preheat ballasts and Japanese 28w/32w fluorescent ballasts.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Is there a European starter equivalent to North American FS12 starters? « Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 01:58:41 AM » Author: Men of God
但是日本FCL 32W镇流器,二次电压147V,可以使用中国矿井照明灯用127V启辉器。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Is there a European starter equivalent to North American FS12 starters? « Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 03:58:37 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Personally feel that the FG5P is an alternative existence, in China can only point 32W ring tube. FG4P and FE4P are equivalent to the functions of ST111, S10 and C10. FG1E is equivalent to the S2 or C2 in China, because both are up to 22W and both support one-to-two, but due to voltage, FG-1E in China municipal power can not light up 30W TL-D lamp.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is there a European starter equivalent to North American FS12 starters? « Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 07:46:44 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The 30w TL-D can use either FE4P, FG4P, FS4, or either European 4w-65w/80w starters.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies