Author Topic: Wanted - Any Thorn SOX Streetlight With Bulb  (Read 1123 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Wanted - Any Thorn SOX Streetlight With Bulb « on: May 16, 2022, 08:03:21 AM » Author: 108CAM
I'm looking for an SOX fixture to add to my collection and am particularly interested in any fixture from the Thorn Alpha or Beta series.
Ideally the fixture should be located in Australia and have a bulb. Also, no price gouging. $100 or less 
Prefer it to be in working condition
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:05:53 PM by 108CAM » Logged

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted - Any Thorn SOX Streetlight With Bulb « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 07:03:31 PM » Author: Rommie
I think you'll have trouble at that price. $75 Australian is just over £42 sterling; the cheapest I can find any Thorn fixtures on UK eBay is £60 + £12 shipping for a top-entry Beta 5.

For lamps, you're looking at a minimum of £15 for a used 35W, new ones start at double that at a minimum.

With respect, I think you are going to have to be prepared to pay a little more.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Wanted - Any Thorn SOX Streetlight With Bulb « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 07:04:45 PM » Author: 108CAM
Thanks for the info

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted - Any Thorn SOX Streetlight With Bulb « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 07:14:00 PM » Author: Rommie
No problem, looking back at the records we paid £74 for our Gamma 6 in 2019. The ballast in it was as rusty as hell so needed replacing, fortunately I had a compatible spare, otherwise it would have been more money still. The Beta 5 was cheaper, but needed a fair amount of work including rewiring.

Best of luck, anyway  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies