Author Topic: Oh no.....  (Read 1391 times)
N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

UCo_R9kHfa7voRrydT2NJYnw tomloveslighting
Oh no..... « on: May 21, 2022, 07:24:18 PM » Author: N3210
The wrong people found my page  :eoled:
I am in fear.
THIS KID from my school, found my light page even though he wasn't supposed to.
I saw him watch my videos in the park, and he was laughing.
I ran away in shock and decided to move my channel and private my instagram page. I am currently in the process of reuploading my videos. Soon enough I will update my youtube

Lighting enthusiast from San Francisco.

I upload plenty to here, YouTube, and Instagram

!! If I am quiet here, check either my Instagram or my YouTube !!

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Oh no..... « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 08:40:31 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Well that's annoying. Trust me, I know. When I was running my YouTube channel (not lighting related), other kids in my school watched the videos. It was one line from one video that has stuck around for the 7 years I was at that that school. from year 7 (age 11) to year 13 (age 18), taking my final exams in a month, it has stuck. You get used to it. After a month, it stopped annoying me, and they new that. They just kept saying it to amuse themselves.
Now, I simply didn't care if they saw my videos. I made them to be watched. I made no secret of what I liked, what my interests were & are. Of course there were people who said things along the line of 'that's weird, you're weird', but I easily countered that with the response "You're right. But that's my problem, not yours". Shutting them down by agreeing with them limits what they can do next. Even the 'infamous' bullies of the year group knew I wasn't bothered, so they left me alone for the most part. If they did try anything, they quickly learned I stood my ground.
If you move your social media and YT channel, there is always the chance they'll find it again. Or they may not need to. I don't know how bad THIS KID is, but it is likely he will only go after you if he sees that the websites are a weakness for you. Even if you just pretend you're not bothered, that may be enough.
You have this interest. Some may say it's unusual, some may say it's weird, but so what? it's your interest. It's your personality. Own it. :love:
N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

UCo_R9kHfa7voRrydT2NJYnw tomloveslighting
Re: Oh no..... « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 11:05:05 PM » Author: N3210
Thank you for being there for me!  :bulbman:
Thinking about people who hate you for interests, that's bad. But if you keep shining, They will wish they was you!

Lighting enthusiast from San Francisco.

I upload plenty to here, YouTube, and Instagram

!! If I am quiet here, check either my Instagram or my YouTube !!

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Oh no..... « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 06:24:01 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Any time mate. :)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oh no..... « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 07:02:22 AM » Author: sol
If THIS KID is not interested in lighting/whatever else is in the videos, and you're not interested in pursuing the battle, they will find that it becomes boring and move on to something else because it is not fun anymore.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oh no..... « Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 08:13:42 AM » Author: Rommie
If you post anything online, then people are going to find it. That's the nature of the internet and basically what it's for.

Sorry to sound a bit blunt, but if you don't want people to see it, don't post it, it's that simple  :-\

But at the end of the day, is it such a big deal..? Only you can decide that.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oh no..... « Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 02:09:09 PM » Author: suzukir122
Brooo, lighting is waayyy too awesome to be ashamed. There's nothing to be ashamed of... nothing to be embarrassed of either... like... at all.
Anytime I'm hanging out with friends, if they're at my apartment, they'll see my lighting. Ain't no way around it. Same with my garage of cool stuff...
they'll notice the self ballasted Ceramic Metal Halides once I fire them up, so that they can see my vehicle(s) better. Often times, those Ceramic Metal
Halides steal the show, once I fire them up. I want to add more lighting to that garage, preferably T12's fluorescent...
...don't ever, EVER be afraid to show off your interest bro. It's part of who you are, just like it's part of who I am! Legit... otherwise I wouldn't
have been on this site since 2010 lol

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oh no..... « Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 04:37:18 PM » Author: marcopete87
I am in fear.
I ran away in shock and decided to move my channel and private my instagram page. I am currently in the process of reuploading my videos. Soon enough I will update my youtube

Don't mind this kind of people: they will eventually grow up.
Is he laughing? This is his problem, not yours.
Don't move you channel: it is your hobby, if he isn't ok with that, it is his problem, not your (or you can ban his username).

MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: Oh no..... « Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 01:19:41 PM » Author: MVMH_99
I am in fear.

I totally get that...  I used to be "poked fun of" myself in my younger school years (even in elementary and middle school, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, as my affinity for everything electrical (lighting included, of course!), was seen as downright "bizarre" by my "peers" (some of them didn't even deserve the title "classmates!")

I will never forget the one time someone asked me in like the 5th grade or something what I received for my birthday, and when I replied, "A light fixture!" they stated with a semi-mocking giggle, "THAT'S NOT A PRESENT!"

To which I replied (at the young age of 12), "Maybe not to you, but some people have different interests."  So satisfying - AND it shut them up, knowing I had a very valid point.  :lol: :slap:

So, as difficult as it can be, try not to take it personally - but this is sometimes easier said than done, particularly if it has any "lasting" implications.  I still totally get it, though!

Finally, if there's any last message I have, it's that we all have our various passions in life, no matter what they may be.  As long as they make us content, that is all that matters, and anyone who tries to "ruin" it for you is just jealous.  Just my two cents worth!  ;) :)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - let old lighting LIVE!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Oh no..... « Reply #9 on: May 27, 2022, 02:44:38 PM » Author: rjluna2
Quote from: MVMH_99
I will never forget the one time someone asked me in like the 5th grade or something what I received for my birthday, and when I replied, "A light fixture!" they stated with a semi-mocking giggle, "THAT'S NOT A PRESENT!"

You should see me with the light fixture at Me at Age 7 ;D

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oh no..... « Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 02:54:37 PM » Author: Rommie
You should have warned us that one was coming, Robert  :poof:  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Oh no..... « Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 03:17:38 PM » Author: rjluna2
:lol:

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies