Author Topic: Serious questions about the FCL30 series fluorescent tubes made in Japan  (Read 483 times)
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Serious questions about the FCL30 series fluorescent tubes made in Japan « on: May 23, 2022, 09:09:12 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
These days, when the user "Men of God" replaced the lamp of EOL and received the new lamp, he found that the NEC and Panasonic FCL30 lamps had appeared that the lamp had been completely lit and the filament was still glowing. This condition may cause tubes to be easy EOL. This left two of his National FCL30 tubes damaged over a 4-year period.Is this the case in all 30W lamps in Japan?
Photo①:National(Panasonic) FCL30 850 running on Hitachi 30W(50Hz)ballast.
Photo②:NEC Long afterglow FCL30 827 running on Hitachi 30W(60Hz)ballast.(The tube in the middle)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 07:19:14 PM by bulb_tester2009 » Logged

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Serious questions about the FCL30 series fluorescent tubes made in Japan « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 10:32:44 AM » Author: dor123
I don't think that the filament causing the effect, but either phosphor thickness, or better possible explanation, the effect of the dark faraday space in the discharge:

In a preheat ballast, the filaments are heated only during preheating by the starter. After than, the only heat that the filaments gets, is by the thermionic emission of the discharge itself.
Rapid-start and electronic (Four wires, two for each end of the lamp, filaments aren't shorted) ballasts, supplies heating current to the filaments also when the lamp working, but these aren't the ballast of Men of God's fixture.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Serious questions about the FCL30 series fluorescent tubes made in Japan « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 07:37:43 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
I don't think that the filament causing the effect, but either phosphor thickness, or better possible explanation, the effect of the dark faraday space in the discharge:

In a preheat ballast, the filaments are heated only during preheating by the starter. After than, the only heat that the filaments gets, is by the thermionic emission of the discharge itself.
Rapid-start and electronic (Four wires, two for each end of the lamp, filaments aren't shorted) ballasts, supplies heating current to the filaments also when the lamp working, but these aren't the ballast of Men of God's fixture.
Even on a magnetic ballast as you said, the luminescence of the lamp is maintained by the ion emission of the filament. But why is it that his also 30W Philips TL-D 30W/830 electrodes do not emit any luminescence when running on Japanese magnetic ballasts. And a Similar Situation was not used on the Japanese FL Series tube used by one of our friends in Japan. In addition, Japan normally uses the best quality phosphor for its own lamps, so it is basically certain that it is due to the characteristics of the working voltage and current of Japanese ballasts and the inferior electrodes used in Japanese tubes. In addition, the output frequency of his inverter power supply is unstable due to long-term use, which aggravates this situation, and even causes a slight luminescence phenomenon to appear in the electrode of another lamp that is not made in Japan.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 07:41:22 PM by bulb_tester2009 » Logged

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies