Author Topic: “Hollywood Special” 700w MV Fixtures  (Read 2661 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: “Hollywood Special” 700w MV Fixtures « Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 10:33:35 PM » Author: Econolite03
That site in the links is a goldmine for old LA lighting setups, I found a lot of images and such that were kinda mind blowing to honest.

From my understanding, the city tends to auction off old stock or inventory they don’t want after a certain period. For example, my NOS McCain traffic signal came from a LA-run auction in 2018. Knowing how historically significant these were to LA and Hollywood pop culture, I don’t think they’d just scrap NOS fixtures. The old (or used) ones probably were though. Who knows, they could just be sitting in storage somewhere. The BSL would only know.

If you take a closer look at the one link wide-lite 1000 mentioned, The “new” ones appear to have Series 327 refractors, then it looks like they used Formed Plastics M-400* refractors to repair some of the older units at their shop, probably from knockdowns.

All that aside, this opened up a lot more info on these.
 :mvc:
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: “Hollywood Special” 700w MV Fixtures « Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 03:52:33 PM » Author: Molly
The last 700W M1000 in Boston is gone

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: “Hollywood Special” 700w MV Fixtures « Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 10:34:38 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah that site is really a goldmine of information. There's also a pretty large gallery of scanned period ads for different luminaires and some date code calculators.

Good eye with the refractors, it does look like not all of them use the OV-35 refractor. Perhaps the LA BSL made a second order of the Hollywood Special luminaires and 327 refractors was used on that batch. It would also explain why there were NOS ones left in their warehouse.

I wonder if the BSL is running tours of their streetlighting museum again. Perhaps a group of LG members in the area could see if the BSL is still running them. At the very least they should be able to answer in better detail in regards to the Hollywood Special luminaires.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies