Author Topic: Pros and Cons about MH lamps  (Read 8726 times)
mr_big
Negative « Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 11:51:18 PM » Author: mr_big
If the salts are overdosed in the arc tube the lamp will constantly flash as the salts try to settle but aren't able to
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Pros and Cons about MH lamps « Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 06:24:25 PM » Author: prawnman88
there time bombs
AE125Series
Negative « Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 09:52:26 PM » Author: AE125Series
They're a hassle to deal with.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Pros and Cons about MH lamps « Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 09:36:34 PM » Author: FGS
WAY too much mercury in them. The fact that they are timebombs means they are the worst polluter in term of mercury polluction.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Pros and Cons about MH lamps « Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 09:32:54 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Positive thing about them is they overpower the HPS

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightingcollector84

View Posts
View Gallery

negative « Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 07:06:20 PM » Author: lightingcollector84
Hard to see under when used as streetlighting
arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pros and Cons about MH lamps « Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 04:09:04 PM » Author: arcblue
They're the closest thing to "sunshine in a box." Good CRI, the light can be focused into an intense beam, and the light can be made to emit various colors without coloring the glass or adding a phosphor.
Yeah Jace, I know I'm not following your rules  ;)

I'm lampin...

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pros and Cons about MH lamps « Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 02:32:32 PM » Author: Michael
They allways needs a shield ( Glass) cause of the intense UV radiation and cover up the exploding lamp- even when EOL-(Except MHs with shatter proof)
fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Pros and Cons about MH lamps « Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 05:30:43 PM » Author: fran4001
Well, on the con side, in my experience they never seem to last their rated life. Not that any bulb is guaranteed to. Just seems they arent as durable. In large 24-7-365 installations, it's either impractical or people (myself included :-[) forget to give them  their required weekly shutdowns. On the pro side, they kick HPS's arse appearance-wise, and will be the only source that looks close to mercury for the foreseeable future....
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Pros and Cons about MH lamps « Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 03:24:10 AM » Author: lite_lover
The ceramic MH arc tube may just crack instead of exploding like the MH with quartz arc tubes.

The brighter the better.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies