Author Topic: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast  (Read 1405 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « on: June 19, 2022, 05:54:55 AM » Author: 108CAM
I'm looking for a 700w MV lamp and compatible ballast so I can restore an old floodlight back to its original configuration

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 02:38:32 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a Philips HPL-N 700 mercury vapor lamp that you could use:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/113593372786

You could certainly run that lamp properly by connecting a 400w mercury vapor series choke ballast and a 250w mercury vapor series choke ballast in parallel as that has been standard practice in some European countries since a proper 700w choke ballast is hard to come by.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 02:41:48 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 07:58:38 PM » Author: 108CAM
Thanks. I'll have a think about it. Ideally I'd rather an actual 700w MV ballast as it's what my fixture likely had when it was new

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 08:14:52 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a proper 700w ballast for your lamp, but it is quite pricey right now at £133 GBP:

https://www.bltdirect.com/venture-mercury-700-watt-ballast

This website should be able to ship this ballast to Australia without any issues.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 08:35:39 PM » Author: Rommie
£160 including VAT. Not something I'll be buying any time soon  :poof:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 10:59:15 PM » Author: 108CAM
I was never planning to buy something right now, I plan to save up for the lamp and ballast

1925-2002

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 11:10:29 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Hopefully the seller still has the lamp.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 04:18:12 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
If you find the ballast too expensive, you could still get 250w and 400w mercury vapor series choke ballasts and connect them in parallel to run your lamp since they are much easier to come by than genuine 700w ballasts.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 700w MV Lamp & Ballast « Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 01:43:52 PM » Author: James
If you can use a mercury 700W ballast with 220/230/240V input you are welcome to have one for the cost of postage, I kept a few of the best at work after recently throwing out a couple of dozen.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies