Author Topic: YouTube... Why?  (Read 1321 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
YouTube... Why? « on: June 23, 2022, 12:19:02 AM » Author: suzukir122
Why does YouTube do this to their content creators? Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPtydxSoY_I
By the way, that's my little brother.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 12:35:55 AM » Author: Burrito
They seem to do that cause YouTube Kids needs to be a child friendly zone.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 12:50:50 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I hope they never try that with me !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 01:18:58 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah youtube kids needs to be a child friendly zone... but why force a content creator to downgrade their YouTube video to youtube kids?
That's incredibly stupid to me, especially in the cases where the content creator didn't want this to happen. My bro doesn't want his videos
changed to youtube kids because:
1. Us adults like hot wheels cars too.
2. The youtube kids switch cancels out the voice of all of his subscribers for that particular video.
3. Video views for that particular video get reduced significantly for obvious reasons, no matter how much work my bro put into creating the video.
4. That fear that all of his other video content may get changed to "made for kids," increases.
5. Subscribers may unsubscribe since they can no longer comment on his videos, if they're changed to "made for kids."
The list goes on and on... and YouTube actually thinks this is a good idea... cancelling out the content creators point of view.
By the way, when he said "my brother would call this 'power tripping,'" that was me he was referring to.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 01:28:28 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I get the point of YouTube kids but I think creators that don't intend to make content for kids should be allowed to opt out of it, or at least be able to submit a video for manual review to opt out. I'm not a fan of the auto tagging videos for kids, for one it removes the comment section. Not only can you not comment, even existing comments are removed from veiw.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 02:21:25 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah I forgot that... that's true... existing comments are no longer shown, and I think they're also completely erased... even through the content
creators side. This is ridiculous.

Interests:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 04:45:23 AM » Author: 108CAM
I think marking the video as not made for kids during the upload can help.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 04:54:03 AM » Author: suzukir122
It can, and I agree... but YouTubes voice is unfortunately louder than the content creators voice.
I'll definitely forward that information to him though... to make sure to go through every video and make it known
in the description and comment section, that the videos are not made for just kids. As for the videos marked by YouTube,
unfortunately I would think that those videos are pretty much useless, and that he may have to delete and reupload them.

Interests:

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 09:48:35 AM » Author: Medved
Even when technically Youtube is not doing this voluntarily but were forced into that by the few Copa lawsuits, it were greedy Youtube marketeers who caused all this. For long time they lured kids below the official age limit to access the main Youtube and exposed them to all the aggressive ad campaigns, even were dumb enough to boast to advertisers about how many underage kid audience they got (who was not supposed to be allowed to access the site according to the rules), so when someone filed the suit, Youtube just couldn't play the "we were not aware so many kids are here, they aren't supposed to be here" card anymore (when there were records of their boasting) and at the end ruined it for everyone.

No more selfballasted c***

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 10:06:27 AM » Author: Burrito
Yeah I forgot that... that's true... existing comments are no longer shown, and I think they're also completely erased... even through the content
creators side. This is ridiculous.
Oh, do you mean like when youtube automatically deletes comments without warning?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 01:22:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, when a video gets flagged as for kids, comments on it are disabled entirely and everything is hidden from view. A shame for creators that don't make videos for kids and use the comments to engage with their audience.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 04:40:53 PM » Author: suzukir122
There's gotta be a way to get around this. It's incredibly ridiculous, how YouTube gets to make decisions for content creators.
They don't care.
Now those videos he put out are completely useless, and all of his other videos could possibly be in danger.
In almost every video he makes, you can see the hard work and dedication behind it.

Interests:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:08 PM » Author: joseph_125
Unfortunately YouTube, like most big tech companies operate on a "we know best" attitude when they unilaterally push changes like this. I suppose if a lot of larger creators complain about it they'll be forced to implement a better system, especially if said large creators threaten to leave which would seriously cut into their profits.

I read some more about this kids mode and apparently videos tagged with it also get deemphasized from recommendations (not sure why) and also blocks some forms of monetization too. That's gonna to hurt a lot of smaller creators in the long run, unlike the larger creators, YouTube would be less likely to listen to them. 
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 09:47:22 PM » Author: Burrito
I also noticed that they are forcing you to pay monthly for their premium crap

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YouTube... Why? « Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 08:19:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah the "we know best" attitude could be the demise of their business, sooner or later. The fact that this happened to my brothers
channel means it's happening to many, many other channels as well.
And when YouTube makes moves like this, it reveals their team is... confused... confused about what to do with regards to protecting their company
as a whole. So they blindly make moves such as this, damaging YouTube channels.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies