Author Topic: Preheat F20T12 fluorescent tube drawing table  (Read 1173 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Preheat F20T12 fluorescent tube drawing table « on: July 01, 2022, 01:37:37 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am interested in trying to get a preheat F20T12 fluorescent tube drawing table because I am thinking about giving it to a friend who really enjoys art as a hobby. Does anyone know where I can find such drawing tables?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Preheat F20T12 fluorescent tube drawing table « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 08:41:55 AM » Author: HIDLad001
Build one yourself, just get a metal box, and put a glass top on it. Then you can mount the ballast, and the sockets for the tube(s) and the starter(s). If you don't want to build it yourself, I would search around eBay.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Preheat F20T12 fluorescent tube drawing table « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 12:51:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
Get a 2x2 troffer, surface mount would look better and convert it to preheat. Then get a piece of acrylic or glass to put over it.

If you search for "light box fluorescent" you can find a few smaller ones on eBay. They seem to be mostly manual preheat. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 12:54:41 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat F20T12 fluorescent tube drawing table « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 03:11:03 PM » Author: funkybulb
I dont know if there still there or not but i saw one
And help replace one in a junk store type shop
 Next time I go.  I will see if they still have one.
 But it located in San Antonio, Texas

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies