Author Topic: FML27 preheat CFL fixtures for the North American market?  (Read 673 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
FML27 preheat CFL fixtures for the North American market? « on: July 07, 2022, 12:09:13 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that FML27 CFL lamps are very popular in North America for some desk lamps and some Lights of America outdoor ‘Fluorex’ branded CFL fixtures using electronic ballasts, I discovered that I can run these 4 pin CFL lamps pretty nicely on 120v 60hz mains using only a simple series choke ballast and a starter after noticing that they run well on my 22w preheat circline fluorescent adapters, but were underdriven. I reasoned that FML27 CFL lamps were able to maintain an arc on 120v 60hz preheat fluorescent choke ballasts because they are designed with Japanese 100v 50hz and 100v 60hz preheat fluorescent choke ballasts in mind according to the Japanese 2021-2022 Panasonic lamp catalog.

Here is my video of an FML27 CFL lamp being operated on a pair of North American 120v 60hz F15T8 preheat fluorescent tube choke ballasts connected in parallel for proof that such lamps run on 120v 60hz preheat fluorescent choke ballasts:

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6272&pos=29&pid=211184

After knowing this information, I am beginning to wonder if there were any preheat CFL fixtures designed for operating FML27 CFL lamps that were marketed in North Amsrican countries since these lamps can operate satisfactorily on 120v 60hz preheat fluorescent choke ballasts without issues.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies