Author Topic: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light  (Read 3310 times)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « on: July 16, 2022, 09:13:06 AM » Author: Molly
Favorite: LED Roadway NXT
Least: Leotek GreenCobra

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 10:18:08 AM » Author: Foxtronix
Favourite: None of them
Least favourite: All of them

/sarcasm

Alright in all seriousness I kinda like the Philips Roadfocus series streetlights they installed in my hometown. Three variations with 1 to 3 LED arrays, and from what I've read around here they seem to be at least decent in quality. Their light distribution is also excellent, even better than some of the previous FCO units!

As to which models I dislike the most, I'd say anything built cheap LOL.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 11:18:34 AM » Author: Molly
We got a lot of Philips Roadfocus and Hadco in Boston as well.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 02:26:58 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Favourite: Anything with good anti-glare light control and warm white in colour temperature.

Least favourite: Poor distribution control and / or in cold white.

Favourite fixture: Phosco P852 (It looks decent, but it still has poor light control.)

Least favourite fixture: ASD Highway Diamond (especially the Micro variant)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 03:19:17 PM » Author: Molly
I went to the UK once and saw all the beautiful SOX fixtures

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 03:23:00 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
The way It's supposed to be :) :sox35:
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #6 on: July 16, 2022, 04:40:37 PM » Author: joseph_125
I don't have any specifics in mind but here's my list of favorite and least favorite features:

Favourite: good light control and even distribution, lower colour temperatures (3000K), good CRI, good build quality. The Roadfocus seems to be a good example.

Least favorite: poor light control and uneven distribution, low CRI, high colour temperature, especially when coupled with low CRI, cheap cost cut build. A good example of these are your eBay/Amazon grade generic LED lights.
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 09:45:14 PM » Author: Molly
Not a lot of failures in the Philips Hadco and Roadfocuses. Same with CreeLEDway and the LED Roadway NXTS.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #8 on: July 16, 2022, 10:04:28 PM » Author: Burrito
I like the Ge R150 and the Cree LEDway

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #9 on: July 16, 2022, 10:13:12 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Mine are probably the Cooper Verdeon, Philips/Lumec RoadFocus, Cree RSW, and Dialight StreetSense.

Favorite area light is probably either the GE Evolve E2SA or the Evluma AreaMax.

Least favorite street light is either the Leotek E-Cobra or the Cooper Navion.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 10:22:54 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 12:31:25 AM » Author: 108CAM
Favourite: Aldridge LEDs. Haven't seen any fail yet and best of all, they have replaceable drivers and LED panels. These lights also weigh a ton because the cast aluminium housing is also a giant heatsink.

Least Favourite: Anything that looks like a giant spatula and goes  :eoled: after 2 months of service.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #11 on: July 17, 2022, 01:37:53 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Fav. AEL ATB2..It's bright but not glary . Least Fav . The GE's up the street from me . Their 3,000k but horribly glary and the color looks more like a dirty brown !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #12 on: July 17, 2022, 04:47:08 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Favorites:

The ones that are dim, and barely do anything so I can ignore their existence. Or the ones that turn purple.

Least favorite:

The rest.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #13 on: July 17, 2022, 09:11:02 AM » Author: Molly
Me too, as long they have 3000K color temp and few failures.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Your favorite & least favorite LED street light « Reply #14 on: July 17, 2022, 11:14:02 AM » Author: HPS_250
My favorite specifically is probably the Philips RoadFocus LEDs, otherwise just anything that’s 3000K and lasts a decent amount of time before color shifting, getting really dim, etc.
My least favorite is any Leotek E-Cobra, I’d be surprised if it’s not quite literally the worst fixture in the entire history of street lighting. There are still lots of them on freeways around here, some are still dim and yellow but most have failed completely.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies