Author Topic: (Southern California) SCE begins testing LED fixtures in Thousand Oaks/Westlake  (Read 747 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
(Southern California) SCE begins testing LED fixtures in Thousand Oaks/Westlake « on: July 19, 2022, 12:33:38 AM » Author: HPS_250
Well, if anyone around that area has noticed the end might be near for HPS in two more cities. Although Thousand Oaks and Westlake are still lit fully by HPS as of right now, I was there today and found two roads (including Thousand Oaks Blvd) being used to test LED fixtures for a potential conversion. It’s not certain that there will be a conversion, but unfortunately it will most likely happen at some point soon. The fixtures being tested were between 80-100w, all 3000K. There were three fixtures being tested, the AEL ATBM, GE ERLH, and GE ERL2. They’ll probably end up installing GEs since I’ve never seen SCE use AEL, so two more cities might be getting Devolved in the near future….  :(

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: (Southern California) SCE begins testing LED fixtures in Thousand Oaks/Westlake « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 12:43:06 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
SCE does use AEL Autobahns, but I've seen few cities with them.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: (Southern California) SCE begins testing LED fixtures in Thousand Oaks/Westlake « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 12:44:31 AM » Author: HPS_250
Interesting, never seen them around here anywhere. How do they hold up after a few years compared to the GEs?

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: (Southern California) SCE begins testing LED fixtures in Thousand Oaks/Westlake « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 01:45:44 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I'm not sure, as all of the ones I'm talking about were installed in either 2020 or 2021 and I'm not usually at those places at night.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: (Southern California) SCE begins testing LED fixtures in Thousand Oaks/Westlake « Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 11:19:20 PM » Author: Silverliner
Those are brand new installs at several crosswalks. Camarillo has one AEL ATBM behind Home Depot.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: (Southern California) SCE begins testing LED fixtures in Thousand Oaks/Westlake « Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 01:22:05 AM » Author: HPS_250
So they’re just spot replacements at crosswalks and not signs that a full conversion is coming? If so that’s definitely good!
Haven’t been to Home Depot here in a while but I’ll see that ATBM next time I go.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies