Author Topic: Ukrainian incandescents  (Read 1763 times)
Gearjammer
Ukrainian incandescents « on: July 21, 2022, 05:26:24 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Not sure if I should ask this but here goes.
Just was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible for me to buy Ukrainian incandescent bulbs say the type you would find in a table lamp or ceiling fixture.
And if I can how do I go about purchasing them.
I was afraid to ask due to the ongoing problems but I will say this I've become very interested about the Ukraine.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 05:43:24 PM by Gearjammer » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 07:29:26 PM » Author: Rommie
To be honest Jamie, with the current situation there I doubt it. I don't even know if they manufacture their own lamps..?

Hopefully someone will know more, but I wouldn't hold my breath  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Gearjammer
Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 07:57:11 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Well despite the awful situation there anything is still possible.
Yeah I really don't know if they make their own lamps either.
Given the country's location they might import them from Russia, Poland, or maybe even Hungary.
Turkey is close by as well.
I thought maybe some of the European members here or internet savvy members might have some advice.
But since I've returned LG seems to have less activity than before so I can only hope this topic will even be noticed.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 07:58:25 PM » Author: Rommie
Hey, I noticed it, didn't I..?  :-* :love: :racc:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 08:04:08 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
From what I am aware of, prom.ua is a website that sells light bulbs for the Ukrainian market but you would possibly need to find a way to translate the listings to english and would need a forwarder to ship them to the USA.

Here is my search result for Ukrainian incandescent lamps on prom.ua:

https://prom.ua/ua/search?search_term=розжарювання

Since the above link is broken, you will need to manually copy and paste it into the address bar.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 08:19:31 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Gearjammer
Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 08:50:18 PM » Author: Gearjammer
@Ria:Yes I know you saw it but you're in the same spot as I'm in. :lol:

@Worldwide:This sounds like a step in the right direction if I could just figure out how to translate it.
Also I'm not sure what a forwarder is :wndr:
So apparently they still use incandescents in the Ukraine?
Correct me if I'm wrong Worldwide but I thought I read somewhere that you bought Japanese lamps directly from Japan, which couldn't have been very easy.
If that's true would the process be similar to buying from the Ukrainian market??
If you could please provide any further assistance I would greatly appreciate it. ;)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 09:56:57 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
A forwarder is a service that can help you buy items that normally do not ship to your country by having them ship to the intended country. I was able to obtain lamps directly from Japan through a website called www.jauce.com.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Gearjammer
Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 10:01:35 PM » Author: Gearjammer
The link you sent me for the Ukrainian lamps does it have a way to obtain a forwarding service?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #8 on: July 21, 2022, 10:07:27 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Not easily. I can try searching for a forwarding service that would help with translation and shipping.

Gearjammer
Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 10:34:23 PM » Author: Gearjammer
That would be really nice and of great help!
I figure if you're able to buy lamps from Japan you could definitely help me with buying incandescents from the Ukraine.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #10 on: July 21, 2022, 11:38:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
It's way more limited but on a eBay Advanced search, you can search for listings in only a specific country. In this case you can have eBay show Ukrainian listings only.

Another thing to keep in mind is that international shipping, be it direct or through a forwarder, is a lot more than what you're used to with domestic listings.

BTW, for those URLs with non Latin typesets, if you use the url tags, you can make the links work properly.

розжарювання

See here for more in depth info on how to use the URL tags. If you're using a phone, the square brackets can be accessed using the expanded characters on the keyboard.
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 03:51:33 AM » Author: Alex
Hello,
Belarusian made lamps i can obtain locally from old stock that I know. Ukraine made lamps might be possible to when i am next time in Poland. Some hardware stores there used to stock ISKRA ukrain made lamps.

Best regards,

Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ukrainian incandescents « Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 11:36:05 AM » Author: James
As far as I know Iskra is still in business.  Last year I drove through Bosnia and Serbia and local supermarkets there were stocking Osram incandescents made in both Russia and Ukraine, the latter of which seemed to have been produced by Iskra.  A good film of their lampworks in Lviv can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4SjZUCX1Po&t=704s.  It is quite a well vertically integrated company similar to the other major lampmakers - they produce their own glass, tungsten, caps, leadwires etc, even the paper and cardboard for their packaging, some of which can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOVbR-Eu8n0&t=537s

I had news that the Brest Electric Lamp Plant in Belarus may now have closed - or possibly stopped only with incandescents but still produces certain other special types.  But this information I have not been able to confirm.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:38:39 AM by James » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies