Author Topic: Favourite Fluorescent Ballast  (Read 483 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Favourite Fluorescent Ballast « on: July 23, 2022, 08:10:31 PM » Author: 108CAM
What's your favourite fluorescent ballast?
Mine would be the Atco EC series ballasts as they are virtually indestructible and don't seem to care if they're wired up backwards. The only issue with these ballasts is when you accidently yank the terminal block off and break the wires leading to the coils. Still have yet to have one fry itself.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite Fluorescent Ballast « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 08:22:09 PM » Author: funkybulb
I like universial 202 preheat ballast as they hold up well for many years and older unversial 446 rapid start ballast.

But any preheat/switch start chokes

And two lamp philip Intelivolt electronic ballast
 They will work under brown out condition
  And practically run any lamp u can throw
 At it. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Favourite Fluorescent Ballast « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 08:22:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
Mine is the Philips Made in Canada RQM-2S40-TPC.

It runs lamps are nearly full power, dosen't seem to run too hot, and is fairly quiet.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Favourite Fluorescent Ballast « Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 11:33:18 PM » Author: Burrito
Ge Tulamp ballasts, rapid start, I hate preheat

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Favourite Fluorescent Ballast « Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 11:37:11 PM » Author: Molly
Also like the Tulamp ballasts

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Favourite Fluorescent Ballast « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 11:47:42 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
I don't know the name, but the 'fade on' programmed start ballasts (possibly dimmable). They take about 2 seconds to strike the lamp with a visible unstable arc. Then when the lamp strikes it is at about 40% brightness and fades up to 100% in about 1 second.
Like, I said, I don't know the name, but I remember them from primary school. :wndr:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies