Author Topic: What is your favorite vintage car?  (Read 5578 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #30 on: January 06, 2023, 11:31:02 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Black would be nice too !! I got to see an Acapulco Blue one in person a few years back and it was breathtaking in the sunlight .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #31 on: January 06, 2023, 11:32:41 PM » Author: BT25
Yeah, I'm sure it was! 8)

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #32 on: January 06, 2023, 11:36:24 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I looked at one for sale years ago that was only a few steps above a basket case. I was really interested but the seller wanted WAY more than what I thought it to be worth considering the condition .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #33 on: June 01, 2023, 09:14:17 PM » Author: CEB1993
I’ve recently gotten into late 90s early 2000’s Jaguars. I would love to have a 1995 Jaguar XJ 4.0 with the supercharged V8 engine, and the Mercedes derived automatic transmission.

This would be a crazy fast and super nice car that’s surprisingly affordable in this day and age. The only downsides are the maintenance costs of these older Jaguars and their depreciation when it comes time to sell it. Still… an awesome car  8)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:21:19 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #34 on: June 02, 2023, 03:55:44 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Chevy K10.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #35 on: June 02, 2023, 04:26:39 PM » Author: rjluna2
Which generation, Owen?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #36 on: June 02, 2023, 07:50:31 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
1972 Toyota Celica

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #37 on: June 02, 2023, 07:52:07 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, I like those, no use buying one though as I wouldn't be able to afford to fill it up..! Those V8 engines aren't exactly frugal and our fuel prices are insane  :-\

I’ve recently gotten into late 90s early 2000’s Jaguars. I would love to have a 1995 Jaguar XJ 4.0 with the supercharged V8 engine, and the Mercedes derived automatic transmission.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #38 on: June 03, 2023, 03:01:23 AM » Author: AngryHorse
This is another interesting point!, don’t know how bad it is in the US, but personal transport here (cars), are being demonised by government and eco warriors alike!
And I kind of understand it a little, cars have gotten too big in this country now, and too many people are driving too many big cars!
Which brings me to the brilliant Dante Giacosa  8), and his adorable FIAT 500! (the original one)
The Italians had the right idea for motoring, a little family car, with a none, mass polluting 500cc engine, excellent on fuel, not fast so people were dying in high speed accidents, and not heavy enough to cause pothole infested roads!

This little car moved families around Italy for years and was adequate enough to get the job done!
Forget EV garbage, I’d love to go back to the simple days of motoring with tiny engines, a lot less speed, no unnecessary engine management electronic crap, lighter cars than didn’t damage roads, and less pollution!

Maybe I’m just getting old, but cars are too big, too fast and too many in the UK now!  ::)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #39 on: June 03, 2023, 06:40:36 AM » Author: Rommie
The original Fiat 500 was brilliant, I quite liked the new one until I found out it was 900cc and not 500, it's like the so-called new 'Mini', some of them are bigger than the Maxi was  @-@

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #40 on: June 03, 2023, 08:10:56 AM » Author: Cole D.
Do anybody remember on Keeping Up Appearances when Hyacinth and Richard got overtaken by the lady in a (new at the time) 1995 Jaguar XJ X300?

And Hyacinth decided to have her and Richard test drive a Rolls Royce to a hotel so the lady would think they gotten a Rolls Royce. But the dealership thought they had stolen the Rolls (since Hyacinth made Richard drive off without the salesman) so the lady drives up as Hy and a Richard get apprehended by the police instead!

That’s what I always think of when I see a Jaguar XJ!

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #41 on: June 03, 2023, 08:14:30 AM » Author: AngryHorse
 :lol: Yeah trust BMW to ruin the ‘mini’!, as for FIAT, I had the 126, I loved my little 126, went everywhere in it!, even with 4 inch of snow on it, that little air cooled twin never failed once to start!  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #42 on: June 03, 2023, 10:17:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Mummy had a 126, and she got into trouble from the local garage for shaking off an HT lead...  :wndr:
She had it up to sixty on the dual carriageway into town and suddenly lost power.!  :lol:
I remember the dinky little removable radio that was fitted.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #43 on: August 10, 2023, 11:22:22 PM » Author: icefoglights
I think the vintage car I've been most interested in lately is the 1961-1967 Ford Econoline Pickup.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What is your favorite vintage car? « Reply #44 on: August 11, 2023, 12:11:48 AM » Author: BT25
Those are indeed interesting...haven't seen one since the early 90's.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies