Author Topic: Lowe’s going all LED?  (Read 2956 times)
Tom S.

View Posts
View Gallery

DJMinor5000
Re: Lowe’s going all LED? « Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 05:38:35 PM » Author: Tom S.
The Lowe’s in my town in Southern California is in the process of replacing the 1000 watt metal halide parking lot fixtures with LED. The one issue I see is that in almost every installation, the new LED fixtures are way smaller than the former HID fixtures, and now you have these high light poles with fixtures that are way out of scale with the poles. At this point in LED fixture design, the majority of new LED shoebox fixtures are extremely ugly. Hopefully more and more fixture manufacturers will start paying more attention to aesthetics in fixture design and fixture light output comfort. Most LED roadway and parking lot fixtures are glare bombs which I see as one reason most people don’t like LED. Designing a fixture with the proper optics can remedy the glare situation.

The interior lighting in this particular Lowe’s was changed out to LED about five years ago now.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Lowe’s going all LED? « Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 07:53:31 PM » Author: Burrito
HOLY COW! I get what your saying!
Renovators at a local mall re configured most of the mall's parking lot and all of the original poles got LEDs. They're on high poles and look very tiny. The original fixtures where 1000 watts MH. I have a pic of one.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowe’s going all LED? « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 08:26:15 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
The Lowes near me have had their MH parking lights replaced recently. One still has some it's MH exterior lights interestingly enough, and it had F96T8 (HO I believe) louvered lights that remained until last year, when they were replaced with nice looking LED lights, however the area the old lights lit is now much dimmer. The ones here have been LED for around four to five years in the inside as well.

I was inside one a few days ago and I noticed some of the LED highbays are dead or dying.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Lowe’s going all LED? « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 10:18:05 PM » Author: Econolite03
Lowe’s in Norwalk, CA just covered the exterior fixtures. The parking lot had Gardco Form 10s and floods aimed at the facade. The shoeboxes were replaced with some generic looking LED spatulas, in fact they decreased the amount of fixtures for the whole lot per pole, and just removed the floods. I guess the photo-metric study called for something else. The slimline vapor tights, exterior high bays in the garden center got replaced with decent looking LED counterparts with smart controls. All I believe are 4000K.

The interior lighting still sucks.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowe’s going all LED? « Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 10:26:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Those Albeos absolutely SUCK !!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies