Author Topic: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye"  (Read 1680 times)
boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « on: July 31, 2022, 10:28:01 PM » Author: boiler1011
Really surprised I won the auction. I figured someone else around here would be willing to pay a lot more than I did for this. From the listing it looked to be in really good condition, or at least the housing and optical is. I'll investigate when it arrives. Any internal components it needs I can piece together pretty easily I think. It's a 400W model, so no Pyrex/tempered lens. I have been looking for one of these things for the better part of a decade, and never really imagined I'd be able to get one at a price I could stomach that wasn't beat to pieces or incomplete.

Picture from auction on eBay.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 01:08:25 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Nice score !! There's been a few of these show up on eBay over the years . There was one listed in Minnesota a few years ago for only $349 but the seller wouldn't ship !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 04:04:20 PM » Author: joseph_125
Nice find. It looks to be in great condition, and still has the original ballast case too.
boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 11:30:12 PM » Author: boiler1011
The light arrived Thursday but I have been out of town until this afternoon so I am just now getting to opening the boxes. The seller was really cool and careful about shipping the light, splitting the unit up into multiple shipments. It was very well protected for transport. It's in pretty great condition, most of the hardware has little rust, and usually the set screws on these are weathered away but mine are still pretty solid. It came from CA so I am assuming the unit was in service there, so the climate was good for preservation. The lens is in almost perfect shape, and the rubber gasket for the door is still functional.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 11:49:36 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Looks to be in great shape ! Did it come with a lamp ? FYI , these produce a really weird beam pattern with a clear lamp !! My 1000w Cat-Eye made a really wide , super thin beam of light when I tried a clear lamp in it !  :poof:  It has a /DX in it now !!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 01:00:25 AM » Author: joseph_125
Wow, it looks great. I'd imagine the ballast will be in good shape too.

According to the brochure they were intended for use with color improved lamps. Perhaps that's why they produce a odd pattern with a clear lamp.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 09:04:34 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I was curious as to what it'd look like with the clear lamp ! I have to say , I wasn't impressed ! It made an approx. 7-8" band of light on the wall from a distance of 8-10' !!  The beam pattern looked kinda like that of an older automotive halogen fog light !

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 09:58:36 AM » Author: boiler1011
Looks to be in great shape ! Did it come with a lamp ? FYI , these produce a really weird beam pattern with a clear lamp !! My 1000w Cat-Eye made a really wide , super thin beam of light when I tried a clear lamp in it !  :poof:  It has a /DX in it now !!

The seller offered me the lamp but said something was broken inside it so I told him to just trash it. I have 4 or 5 400/DX Lifeguards and Sylvanias in my personal stock for my Powr/Bracket that I will use for this. The original wiring from the socket to the ballast has thermal protected wires that are a little frayed and tattered, so I will have to wait until this weekend when I am off to replace them and run up the fixture to see it in action.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scored a Revere 1100 "Cat-Eye" « Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 10:05:41 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Cool !  I Hope everything works as it should !

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies