Author Topic: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture?  (Read 3122 times)
warmwater
Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « on: January 27, 2010, 11:03:03 AM » Author: warmwater
I have a client who is lighting his parking lot with these, cant find any replacement lens/diffusers.  Is there anywhere I should look?

Thank you
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:56:11 PM » Author: streetlight98
Where is the location (country,city,)of the fixtures? Depending on this, you may be able to get replacement lenses/ fixtures. 2.If he/ she doesn't mind FCO lenses, you can trace the rim of one of the good lenses and bring it to a place that can cut glass and they can make the correct fit. (Note, choice two is most likely cheaper) I hope this helps because OV25's as well as all old lights need good maintenance. Please tell me how it all works out or if you need any more help,
Michael (streetlight98)

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

warmwater
Re: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:05:10 PM » Author: warmwater
Thank you for the reply. The location is Federal Way Washington.
May I ask, what is FCO?

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 05:21:22 PM » Author: streetlight98
FCO is full cut-off. It's a flat glass, but it is cheaper to but flat lenses and elimanates glare. Only in Canada (that i know of), is it possible to purchase an OV25. The normal ones that hang down are called drop lenses. What's wrong with the lenses? (what /how did they break?)How many do you need? If you only need one or two maybe someone here can help. (I don't know anyone off hand, but you could try.)
Best regards,
Michael (streetlight98)

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

warmwater
Re: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 05:31:21 PM » Author: warmwater
I appreciate learning these terms.  FCO sounds like a good option.  Only 2 are needed, they are in a parking lot and even though they are about 30' high, they were vandalized.  The mounting brackets still are in the frame.  Would I need to get a special kind of glass?
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 05:43:33 PM » Author: streetlight98
It just needs to be clear, tempered, and the same thickness of the rim. Are they both on the same pole?
-streetlight98

warmwater
Re: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 05:51:00 PM » Author: warmwater
Great, they are on two separate poles.  There is a third but it is in good condition.
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Is it possible to buy or retrofit the OV-25 fixture? « Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 03:14:01 PM » Author: streetlight98
Did it work?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies