Author Topic: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster  (Read 2373 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « on: August 04, 2022, 10:41:39 PM » Author: thelightingman
I am looking for another 175W MV yardblaster since the ballast in my R175M went bad. If you have a 175W MV yardblaster you don't need or have a link to one on ebay, send me a PM. Thanks!  :mv: :mvc:

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 11:08:50 PM » Author: Burrito
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144635902896?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 11:16:14 PM » Author: thelightingman
That is waaaay too much for what I'd pay for one of those! $100 for a yardblaster ballast??? :o
They are usually priced around $10-$30 on there.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 11:16:47 PM » Author: Burrito
Ok, you can try and make an offer?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 11:19:05 PM » Author: thelightingman
I'll consider it but the thing that is bugging me is that they are selling the shell of it for $50

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 11:19:36 PM » Author: Burrito
Wow! :poof:

Bottled lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 11:34:19 PM » Author: Bottled lightning
Would this work?   https://www.ebay.com/itm/275117089649?

Did you see my post about the sox ballasts?
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 01:55:21 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Yardblasters are quite common on FB marketplace, at least around here. I’d recommend taking a look on there.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 02:50:19 PM » Author: High Intensity
Also make sure to check OfferUp and Craigslist, as you're more likely to find one there for a better price than eBay.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 02:50:51 PM » Author: thelightingman
Ok, thanks

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 05:38:54 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I don't know what that seller with the $100 ballast is thinking. You can get a complete one NOS for that price. They probably lowered the value stripping it down and selling the ballast for $100, the lens for $50, and the head for $50 than just selling the entire thing complete.

I personally won't pay any more than around $40 for a 175w MV ballast, which is the going rate for a CWA one. The one in the second link should work fine. The other cheap way would be to find a cheap one on Offerup or Facebook or CL and take the ballast from it.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 10:47:09 AM » Author: thelightingman
Update: I got my R175M working again! It turns out there was a wiring fault in the outlet I was plugging it into and the ballast is actually just fine. I am still looking for MV yardblasters though!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 10:47:41 AM » Author: Burrito
Coooool! Glad you got it to work!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 10:48:59 AM » Author: thelightingman
I'm glad I was able to as well. Now time to hang it up on my house  :mv:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Wanted: 175W MV yardblaster « Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 10:49:31 AM » Author: Burrito
That sounds awesome!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies