Author Topic: Mogul floor lamp?  (Read 453 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Mogul floor lamp? « on: August 07, 2022, 01:43:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
I saw (what I think might be antique) floor lamp at Goodwill. It had the mogul base socket in center with glass shade around it, and the three medium sockets around it.
On the base it has a marble looking glass, and there is a button there, so I think the base lights up too.

It was $12 I think. Not sure if I should get it, as I wouldn't want to use a 300 watt + bulbs in it. I think it was also repainted white which doesn't seem to be the
original color. I keep thinking about buying it but so far have not.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Mogul floor lamp? « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 01:53:25 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I have two just like that, except they don't have nightlights on the base.

What I did was get a mogul to medium base adapter and put a 100W equivalent LED lamp in the top. I also put three B11 clear LED filament lamps with E26 bases on the side sockets.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Mogul floor lamp? « Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 05:49:19 PM » Author: joseph_125
You could also consider one of those mogul based HID replacement LED filament lamps. Some of them are available in 3000K and put out enough lumens to match the original 300w incandescent.

Another option if you don't want to go LED is HID. You'll need to change the socket to a pulse rated one but I think something like a 50w or 70w coated CMH would put out enough light and look great. You might be able to fit the ballast in the lamp base if it's a small electronic one.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mogul floor lamp? « Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 10:39:56 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 For $12 , I'd go for it ! I have one with the mogul 3-way in the center and 2 other with the medium base 3-way in the center . Honestly  , you'll find that the center lamp rarely gets used as the 3 surrounding lights provide more than enough light by themselves . I found a 3-way mogul lamp locally : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5206&pos=9&pid=211795  I have 60w equivalent LED's in the side sockets .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies