Author Topic: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System  (Read 883 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « on: August 08, 2022, 09:15:29 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
For those siren enthusiasts on here I wanted to tell you something about something unique to our coast, in the town of Seabrook NH there’s a nuclear power plant and there’s a siren system to warn if anything is to go wrong with it, these sirens go all along the coast up to the Maine border along with into Newburyport Mass and about as much inland as Newton/Kingston NH. These are all Whelen sirens. Below is a map of where the sirens reside and also two videos, one being the test of the siren and the other being home security footage of the message that came through it recently during the false alarm that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMLTmncKaQ&t=47s

https://www.wmur.com/article/seabrook-power-plant-false-alarm-audio-712/40591626

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 09:29:18 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 We have the exact same sirens here for use as tornado warning sirens .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 09:34:38 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Haha I saw a video and you’re right!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 09:43:07 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
There's one relatively nearby !

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 09:59:25 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
They don’t sound too bad honestly…unless you live right next to one. :lol:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 10:01:26 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
This one's close enough that I can clearly hear the spoken message at the end saying that it's only a weekly test !!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 01:27:39 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I think that's a Whelen WPS-3016.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seabrook NH Nuclear Power Plant Siren System « Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 02:10:41 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
This one's close enough that I can clearly hear the spoken message at the end saying that it's only a weekly test !!
Dang!

@LightsoftheWest, I think you're right, I did some research and that's what it says.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies