Author Topic: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things?  (Read 1321 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « on: August 09, 2022, 12:35:01 PM » Author: Burrito
I do, i only try and find them on Google Maps. I mainly go for abandoned road segments

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 09:32:52 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Been thru many abandoned buildings and properties in my time .

Just be careful and don't get caught !!  :police: :beacon:  There's a lot of ways to get seriously hurt in abandoned places !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 09:33:44 PM » Author: Burrito
Yeah, plus, sometimes, in most states, it's illegal. I like to find abandoned roads

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 09:41:41 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Even the abandoned roads can be illegal ! If the cops saw anyone on the abandoned road near me (now gone) they'd come pay them  a visit !!

My friends property in Northern Maine was abandoned for years before he got it . He's finding various open manholes/storm drains of which the covers were removed/stolen that have since been overgrown with vegetation ! depending on the size , find one of them unexpectedly and you'll either break an ankle or leg or fall to the bottom !!   

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 09:43:43 PM » Author: Burrito
yeah, I found on Goooooooooogle Maps, an abandoned portion of Highway 91 (ended in California) around here, right on a hill next to Interstate 15!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 07:14:59 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I find urbexing interesting, but I think back to when me and a school friend went exploring the the old scrap yard in our town when we were about 12.
There was a type of weir that ran under it, it was dark and scary in the tunnel where the weir ran, very exciting when you’re exploring at that age, but thinking back now, if we’d have fell in NO ONE would have been aware we were even there!

Also there was a stack of 45 gallon drums in the tunnel that we were climbing all over, and one that I stood on was so rusted I fell through the top into the barrel itself!, luckily the barrel was dry and empty, but it’s scary to think now, there could have been acid, toxic waste or even old oil in it and I wouldn’t have stood a chance!

Be careful when urbexing out there guys  ;)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 12:36:50 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ AngryHorse : My point exactly !!  :DeAtH:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 04:50:05 AM » Author: 108CAM
I like exploring abandoned places but the so called "Urban Explorers Code" (Take only pictures, leave only footprints) has mixed opinions. I see no harm in taking stuff as 90% of abandoned places end up getting demolished. It's things like smashing windows or spraying graffiti that are the real issues.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Cavannus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 09:30:25 PM » Author: Cavannus
I was an active "cataphile" 20 years ago. Cataphiles are frequent visitors of the 100+ km of galleries beneath Paris, including the famous Catacombs.
When you're a lighting enthusiast, spending the weekend in the darkness with your lights is pure joy – and the place carries a lot of history. 99% of my friends were cataphiles :D

The underground Paris is also the place where I saw white leds for the first time in 2000.

I tried urbex in Canada but didn't like the community, which was actually made of small competitive groups.

About security: I was often exploring barefoot :D It looks dangerous, but I was used to it (hiking barefoot etc.) and it forces you to be aware of the ground around you. I've always carried flashlights and told people where I was going to.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do you guys like to explore abandoned things? « Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 11:08:26 PM » Author: Cole D.
Sometimes, I explored two neighbor houses, when they were being demolished. Usually I don't though because it can be dangerous and I don't want to trespass. I did explorer the abandoned tree farm in my street too, there's a shed there and an old NEMA head that's falling down. LOL

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies