Author Topic: New Home Lighting  (Read 2345 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

New Home Lighting « on: August 22, 2022, 10:11:06 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Has anyone else noticed that new homes all seem to be lit with 5,000k lighting ? I think it looks just terrible ! One new house down the road is 100% 5,000k inside and out . It looks more like a commercial property than a house .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 11:03:15 PM » Author: Patrick
I have come across the occasional "daylight house" where most if not all of the lighting is 5000K or thereabouts.  I haven't necessary noticed it being correlated with new construction, but perhaps it is more common in newer homes.  I appreciate cool-colored lighting though I wouldn't use it across the board.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 11:11:12 PM » Author: Burrito
Have also seen homes that have those warm white LED's cause they don't want to make the home look like a refrigerator (although they do) and instead make them look more cozy feeling

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 11:21:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
I wonder if it's related to CRI but I personally find 5000K fluorescent a good colour temperature for working under but most 5000K LED lights I find terrible. Especially the high amount of blue that the 5000K LEDs seem to have over fluorescent.

Most new houses here tend to use those LED recessed light trim things, Not really a big fan of those. More so the glare and uneven light distribution than the actual colour temperature though.

I have seen some houses/rooms fitted by the homeowners with 5000K LED bulbs though.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 11:45:43 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I haven't been inside a newly built house in quite a while but from the outside, all the ones I've seen had 2700K/3000K lights.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 12:36:54 AM » Author: Burrito
Yeah, they're building a lot over here too, and i think they might have warm white lamps i think

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 11:48:23 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Maybe it's just a local thing . I don't have a problem with the 5,000k in bathrooms, kitchens or the garage . The nearby new build appears to be 100% 5,000k , inside & out !

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 06:57:27 PM » Author: paintballer22
My house has pretty much all 6500K fluorescent light because my eyes sucks and I like the cooler color temperatures.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 07:35:23 PM » Author: Rommie
We have incandescent lighting in the bedroom and living room, a halogen pendant in the hall and 3000K and 4000K 2D fixtures in the kitchen, bathroom and meter cupboard. Can't stand too high a colour temperature, 4000K is my absolute top limit.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 12:37:20 PM » Author: Cole D.
The house next door to me has all 5000K color at night, it's awful. The outside coach lamps are warm temp color which is good since that shines in my house sometimes by the garage. However the flood lamps are also all awful 5000K integrated LED things.

One of the coach lamps failed a few years ago when the first owner live there and fortunately was still available for replacement so they didn't need to replace them all. All integrated LED fixtures from 2017. :(

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #10 on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:46 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I saw another new house the other day of which all lighting appeared to be 5,000k . I wonder if that's the "new thing" It seems that buyers are gravitating towards bright white everything lately as I've noticed that a lot of the home shows are also doing white everything , cabinets , kitchens , backsplashes , bathrooms , lighting , everything !!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #11 on: September 09, 2022, 11:55:54 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah I don't like it, everything has to be white or gray it seems. I prefer wood tones and colors, I'm old fashioned I guess. They would never like my decorating. LOL

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 12:01:44 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I always hear "make everything look clean and bright !"

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 12:04:51 AM » Author: Cole D.
Too much bright white! I don't know how they can relax in that cold white environment. LOL

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New Home Lighting « Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 12:12:40 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
My thoughts exactly !

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies