Author Topic: Making The Most of Limited Storage Space  (Read 533 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Making The Most of Limited Storage Space « on: August 23, 2022, 05:56:24 AM » Author: 108CAM
I'd like some tips on how I can get the most out of my very limited storage space. I've already pushed most of it to it's limit but want to get more out of it so I can continue building my collection.
I recently finished building new storage racks with a workbench but everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.
The bench space is supposed to be wide enough to fit a 4 foot fluorescent light but I've had to sacrifice much of that space to storing things that wouldn't fit elsewhere. I'd be lucky to fit a 2 foot fixture on it in it's current state.
The underside of the bench is so full that I can't even fit my trash can and stool in the spot where I wanted it.
My fluorescent tubes are stacked in such a way that adding extra parts to the modular racking system isn't possible. The top shelf above the work area is already full of 36 & 40w fluorescent battens, the boxes containing my 2 foot tubes and some other things.
I can't add any more shelves above the workspace because the uprights aren't tall enough. A taller upright for the modular racking I used is available but if I was to use them, I'd have to unstack everything for a second time, take down everything that I've mounted and pretty much dismantle the entire setup in order to use the taller uprights then restack and remount everything again.
I also don't want to get rid of items that still work or scrap functional fixtures because it could cause backlash as some people are very sensitive to that kind of thing.
Any ideas on what I can do that doesn't involve a complete restack of everything?

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Making The Most of Limited Storage Space « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 10:56:13 AM » Author: funkybulb
When I was living with my parents.   I had fluorescent tubes under my dresser,  cases of fluorescent behind my TV
And lamps under my bed and half of my walk in closet.
 Trick is u  want to use every inch of wall space in a room.
 I had 10 by 10 bed room with 6 x 5 walk in closet.   My step
Dad  got over whelm.  The  amount of stuff i had in my bed room
And it took me two weeks to move! 

But now i am incorprating storage for tubes inside my new home
 But leaving my celing open and bewtween bathroom
And second floor and my bedroom.  The bathroom will get
 Dry walled and inbween opening  is going be my long  tube storage  including my hallway.  I could  fit two 10 pack  cases
Inbeween celing and 2nd floor . Meaning I can store 100s of 4 footers up there .  And 2nd floor is nothing but lamp and fixtre storage. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Making The Most of Limited Storage Space « Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 07:00:46 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Lamp tetris!  :)

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies