Author Topic: Old MV Tunnel Lights  (Read 1011 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Old MV Tunnel Lights « on: September 03, 2022, 07:45:15 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I'm probably just stabbing in the dark with this one. Back in the early 80's back when I lived ion Connecticut , I remember seeing MV tunnel lights unlike anything I remember . I got a decent look at one while we were sitting in stopped traffic in the tunnel . The fixtures were 400w MV with clear BT-37 lamps in various states of disrepair . What caught my attention was the fact that these lights didn't have a conventional socket . The lamps were mounted horizontally with spring clips retaining both the BT end and the base with another spring to contact the center contact of the base . Non of these had any form of refractor left that I remember and quite a few either didn't work or had missing lamps .

Has anyone ever seen or heard of such a thing or is my memory just playing games with me .

I believe the tunnel I remember is what's now called the "heroes tunnel" on the Wilbur Cross Parkway The current lighting appears to still be 180w SOX as of January of 2022 !  :lps: https://goo.gl/maps/SKihc52JLu77trHP8

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies