Author Topic: Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT?  (Read 1226 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT? « on: September 04, 2022, 05:18:42 AM » Author: 108CAM
It's something that so many of us want but rarely get.
I got one once but it took a little persuasion to get the uploader to do it. I used to have a second one but another comment was pinned in it's place.
I've started to watch the patterns in what each person tends to pin so I can try to get a higher chance of having my comment pinned. It seems like an impossible feat to achieve and that you have a higher chance of winning the lottery than getting a comment pinned on YT.
I do have another method that I'm not going to reveal as it's still quite new and I don't want the uploaders to catch on if I reveal it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:23:56 AM by 108CAM » Logged

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT? « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 06:44:17 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Yes I have. It was several years ago now, on a video compilation of lightning strikes. The second to last clip was lightning striking a really tall tower multiple times. I commented timestamping the clip and saying "and they say lightning doesn't strike twice." It was pinned within an hour. I don't ask for comments to be pinned. If it does, great. But I don't see a need for it.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT? « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 02:20:15 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I have no idea if I have or not...if so it was at some point in the past & I have since forgotten about it.
I've fairly recently had comments 'hearted' (whatever they actually call it) and/or replied to by certain of the well-known YouTube storm-chasers.

But its not a popularity contest! I don't post comments on the chance they'd get thums-up'ed/hearted/pinned/etc. I usually post simply because I like the video, or sometimes to answer a question posted by someone else.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 02:29:42 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT? « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 02:45:05 AM » Author: Lumex120
Not pinned, but I've had BigClive like my comments on his videos on more than one occasion.

Unofficial LG Discord

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT? « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 03:24:01 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Nope, though I've had content creators I watch heart and like my comments.

I don't really about being pinned on a YT video comments section... I don't see the need to.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT? « Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 10:55:22 AM » Author: Rommie
I don't comment on YT videos. Can't really, as I don't have an account..! Having finally rid ourselves of Google here, we're reluctant to sign back on to it again just to make a few comments. I've made private contact off YT for the people on there I really want to get in touch with, which are only one or two.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Comment Pinned On YT? « Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 05:11:55 AM » Author: 108CAM
I just got my second pin!
YouTube really needs to add a pin emoji to the notification you get when the uploader pins your comment. The notifications for Likes, Hearts & Replies all have emojis and I'm quite surprised that the pinned comment notification doesn't have one.
I may fire up one of my lights to celebrate it.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies