Author Topic: all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum"  (Read 4222 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum" « on: November 10, 2006, 05:28:58 PM » Author: prawnman88
i bought another hood but im going to use the old one just swap stuff over anyway i turned the bulb on that came with the new hood its a weird "purple"  does any one know the spectrum of these bulbs ? i can post a pic if need be
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum" « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 07:24:42 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Hey...send me a picture of the etch and the bulb turned on through my email....I have an aquarium fish tank also....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum" « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 06:24:39 PM » Author: prawnman88
jayce did u get the pic it is a weird purple
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum" « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 08:02:35 AM » Author: James
If you can post a photo of your lamp and any details about the brand name, I will reply with the spectral power distribution chart.
James.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum" « Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 04:05:03 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
oh Rich...sorry never got your email  :(

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum" « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 11:56:38 AM » Author: FGS
Try using a cd and see which color is brighter. Look at the rainbow that appears on the CD.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

Re: all-aquarium glass "aquarium sprectrum" « Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 10:18:38 PM » Author: Lumalux
This post is a little off-topic from the original post:

I have seen clear self-ballasted MVs for reptile use (100W) and was considering buying one for general lighting. I know these are intended to emit UV but would it be too much UV for general lighting? Is the UV amount higher than a typical 160W coated SBMV lamp? The descriptions of the lamp don't mention using suitable UV eye protection so I don't know if the levels are much higher than usual MV lamps.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies