Author Topic: What Homemade Fixtures Have You Made?  (Read 2443 times)
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Homemade Fixtures Have You Made? « Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 11:57:15 PM » Author: funkybulb
  I choppped up one of  those crappy T5 28 watt lithonia fixture
  Down to fit 2x 4 watt tubes.   I orginally wanted light two
  Tubes with one starter and 1 choke.  That did not work out very
 Well.   So i had to use two chokes and mount starter socket exterally to the  end plate.   And there  2 x 4 watt strip light was
  Made.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Homemade Fixtures Have You Made? « Reply #16 on: October 26, 2022, 11:57:09 AM » Author: RadiantMV
I’ve haven’t made any fixtures yet, but one day I’d love to make a working carbon arc lamp based on the old models from the 1900s. I know it’s definitely possible but would take a lot of work.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What Homemade Fixtures Have You Made? « Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 11:58:56 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a video of my 13w-15w external starter preheat CFL adapter running some Japanese Panasonic FTL13 and FGL13 diffused non-integrated CFL lamps:

https://youtu.be/64QJceVGCBk

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What Homemade Fixtures Have You Made? « Reply #18 on: October 29, 2022, 09:35:43 PM » Author: Cole D.
I made a “radial wave” with a yogurt cup with socket for the “head” and a aluminum pie tin for the shade. The “arm” was a curved PVC conduit glued to the “head” with a hole for the cord to pass into the cup.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What Homemade Fixtures Have You Made? « Reply #19 on: October 29, 2022, 11:17:16 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
A couple of table lamps (incandescent), way back when I was middle/high school aged

And over the last 10years or so, various fluorescent fixtures ranging from 1' up to 6'

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies