Author Topic: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps  (Read 1281 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « on: October 29, 2022, 10:26:11 AM » Author: BT25
I usually don't pay a lot of attention to newer lighting technology, but these caught my eye. I've never cared for COB (chip on board) LED lamps with their heavy aluminum heat-sinks, or the 'disposable' integrated LED luminaires due to being nearly non-serviceable. These lamps on the other hand are promising for those who want to keep a classic luminaire, but want a very low power bill.

TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps

No negative comments please. :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:40:13 AM by BT25 » Logged

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 12:46:18 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Interesting, TCP have their own production line for LED from what I’ve seen, I wonder if their making them for Philips too?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 12:51:15 PM » Author: BT25
I've seen some US Philips LED lamps that look to be made by TCP...I honestly don't know if Signify-Philips makes any lamps for the North American market anymore...they all look to be outsourced. I've also found them to be unreliable...

Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 12:19:41 AM » Author: icefoglights
I have a similar bulb sold by Satco.

I used to have some Philips 14w CFLs that were obviously made by TCP.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 03:45:48 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Honestly I like the idea of LED retrofit lamps for retrofit for HID fixtures.
I think in particular they'd be perfect for post-top type streetlights where the light output is 360-degreese..

Don't remember what brand, but they did have some filament LED lamps for HID at either Home Depot or Lowes.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 03:55:26 PM » Author: BT25
What I'd use them for is in a gumball intended for incandescent...low power bill and a retro look.  ;D

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 03:59:36 PM » Author: James
TCP used to make CFL’s for a few years, but as far as I know they don’t produce anything any more.  They buy from the same companies that Signify and others source from, and have their name stamped on the products.

I must say though that these are rather good, and 200lm/W is as impressive as the old Philips Dubai lamps, made by Ningbo K-Lite.  The lifetime is often rather short, and the lumens quite a lot lower than the HID lamps they are intended to replace.  But many places were over-lit with HID and lamps like this are often entirely satisfactory.  Especially in luminaires that do not require the compact source of an HID arc tube.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 04:17:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
One of the larger ones in 3000K or lower would probably look great in a gumball and draw a lot less power compared to the 500w incandescent they used.

Yeah I believe TCP made the CFLs for Home Depot's "Commerical Electric" brand back in the day. IIRC I think they even made the circline adapter and lamp sold under that same brand too.

Of course now Home Depot's brand for lamps is "Eco Smart" although I wonder if TCP still makes them.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 11:08:06 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Has anyone tried to get the free sample ??? I doubt they'd send the 30w version .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 10:28:02 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
My supplier has one on display.  It's.. ok.  I'm personally not impressed. I think it needs a coated glass/plastic. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: TCP LED Filament HID Replacement Lamps « Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 02:15:01 PM » Author: BT25
I'd imagine that diffused versions will come later.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies