Author Topic: Carrying lamps  (Read 905 times)
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Carrying lamps « on: October 29, 2022, 06:07:40 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Does anyone treat certain lamps with any more care than others?

My dad commented earlier today that I carry SOX lamps like artillery shells :mrg:. I tend to treat them with so much care because I don't want any chance of them breaking. Other lamps Like SON or fluros I'm not as careful with (even though I have less of them) because they seem a bit more durable than a SOX tube. I am till very gentle with all my lamps, but none quite as much as the SOX lamps. The closest would be the incandescent lamps, they're all over a decade old and still working. I don't want to kill them!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Carrying lamps « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 07:14:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Oh yes, the lampses we just got will be handled with the utmost care which is why we went on a 1,384 mile round trip to collect them.  :mv: :lps: :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Carrying lamps « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 09:18:15 AM » Author: Rommie
We do our best to handle any lamps as gently as possible. We also always wear cotton gloves when handling them, as we don't like to see fingerprints on the glass.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Carrying lamps « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 01:38:45 PM » Author: funkybulb
 One  lamp I have  in my collection  is a  SHP super hight pressure xenon lamp those things need fo be carried and treated with respect or other wise they would blow up on impact
 Resulting glass fragment grenade .

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Carrying lamps « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 07:52:28 PM » Author: Rommie
Wouldn't have one of those around, they can be lethal; cinema projectionists have been killed by those things going bang  :poof:

Mind you, Photon blew one up by running it without the required liquid cooling, good job he did it out in the back garden :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies