Author Topic: Are LED filament lamps suitable for refrigerators and freezers?  (Read 948 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Are LED filament lamps suitable for refrigerators and freezers? « on: October 30, 2022, 12:54:54 PM » Author: dor123
Why regular LED lighting and LED lamps uses heatsinking which allow improved cooling when used in refrigerator and freezer lighting, LED filament lamps uses a heat convecting gas (Usually helium and oxygen) to disperse the heat of their LED filaments.
Are LED filament lamps suitable for refrigerator and freezer lighting? Are they will have longer life in this application?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Are LED filament lamps suitable for refrigerators and freezers? « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 01:06:34 PM » Author: Burrito
Maybe not in the freezer because it would probably ice over the filaments or the glass will shatter from shock or something

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are LED filament lamps suitable for refrigerators and freezers? « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 11:05:55 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 They'll be perfectly fine in both the fridge and freezer . LED's are kinda pointless though due to how little they get used , the energy savings will be completely unnoticeable . My fridge and freezer still have the same lamps installed by the factory over 10 yrs. ago .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Are LED filament lamps suitable for refrigerators and freezers? « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 09:20:02 AM » Author: Rommie
Our fridge has a [censored] LED hard-wired in, we can't remove it at all  >:( :curse: :eoled:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are LED filament lamps suitable for refrigerators and freezers? « Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 11:00:37 AM » Author: Medved
Leds promise to reach a lifetime sufficient to allow to be hard wired in, so quite significant cost saving on eliminating the sockets and the user removable cover (and the safety aspects of it).
The question is how far they can keep their promise.
But recently I've met a temperamental, crazy flashing incandescent light in a fridge, the real cause is unknown, but it seems to not be the lamp. Instead of a classic mechanical switch, they use some sealed magnetic sensitive switch (likely a reed switch with some triac or so), which is connected by the wire press-in PCB edge connector. My suspicion goes after that connector (the switch module has been replaced with no improvement), but was unable to confirm it.
Point is, when someone puts these things in, using hard wired LED's (well, hard wired anything really) instead of the extra wires and socket can not be worse anymore...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies