Author Topic: I Now Own These !!  (Read 1029 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

I Now Own These !! « on: November 12, 2022, 11:01:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373475305433  For those who remember these , I bought them  and not for the asking price !! I messaged the seller after the listing was dead for a week or so and told them their asking price was WAY too high and made an offer of which they accepted !! I went and picked them up today . I got as follows : approx. 12- GE 1000w PS-52 incandescents of which about 1/2 are either high hour or EOL ,  1 Daycoa 750w R-52? SBMV , 3-EYE 750w BT-46 Deluxe white SBMV , 3- Daycoa 750w BT-46 Deluxe white SBMV , and last but NOT least , 3 Daycoa 750w BT-46 CLEAR SBMVs !!  :poof:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 11:14:37 PM » Author: joseph_125
Nice! I vaguely remember this listing being posted about a year or so ago. Glad to see you got and looks like there's a lot of BT-46s too.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 11:32:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 The BT-46's are all 750w SBMVs !! including clear !!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 11:44:26 AM » Author: BT25
Tim, are the clear ones 120V?  :wndr:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 04:00:17 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Yep ! Have you ever heard of Daycoa ? The etch looks a lot like a Dura test etch . So far , one of the Daycoa coated lamps seems to be a dud as it looks to have had a air leak which smoked the filament ballast on run up !  :(  Hopefully all of the clears are good !!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 04:20:47 PM » Author: BT25
Nope, never heard of them. It's possible that these are indeed Duro-test lamps branded for another company, or this could be a Duro-test brand... :wndr:
Hope the rest are good!

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 04:26:51 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I'm currently testing them as we speak ! The coated Daycoa's seem to have a color similar to a /C lamp  while the EYE version seems to be more of a warm color like a WDX .

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 04:03:16 PM » Author: James
What unusual lamps!  I wonder if the Daycoa lamps were made by Westron, back at the time when they made their SBMV lamps in New York prior to the 1970 relocation to Canada.
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 04:17:15 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Yeah the packaging in the ebay listing definitely looks like westron.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 09:18:54 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
When I 1st saw the listing I assumed that's what they were .

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Now Own These !! « Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 10:50:01 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
UPDATE !!  All of the SBMV's have been tested . Out of 11 750w SBMV lamps , 1 was confetti when I got them ( DAYCOA 750w R-52 ? ) I still have one of these intact !  All 3 of the EYE coated lamps work fine . 2 of the 3 DAYCOA coated lamps work fine , (one suffered an air leak and went up in smoke !)  2 out of 3 of the DAYCOA CLEAR lamps work fine . The 3rd looks absolutely perfect but does NOTHING !! Both filaments look fine , bimetallic sw. looks fine , all connections look fine but nothing happens !! Lamp also shows NO continuity unlike the remaining working examples !! DAMN IT !!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies