Author Topic: Question regarding to motors used in tabletop tile saws around the world  (Read 947 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Question regarding to motors used in tabletop tile saws around the world « on: November 19, 2022, 11:07:04 AM » Author: dor123
Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIIDftr4RB0
All of the tile saw in there, are made in the US.

Now look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6vHTeQaLXo
This is a German made tile saw I think, that is very popular in Israel at construction sites.
Have you noticed something different in US made tile saws in the first compared to the German made tile saw in the second video?
Well: Their motors are different: The American tile saws in the first video have universal motors, while the European one, which is of a popular tile saw model here in Israel, have induction motor.
From Google searching "Tile saw" in English and in Hebrew ("מסור למרצפות") tile saws of this style (Where the saw and the motor are above the table) from the US and that are used in Israel, it looks that all US tabletop tile saws uses an universal motor while European tabletop tile saws use an induction motor.
Why is this?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Question regarding to motors used in tabletop tile saws around the world « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 02:23:37 AM » Author: Medved
The universal motors are used only on smaller equipment, the larger, higher power ones go for induction. The reason is, the universal motor of the low power ones makes the motor assembly light enough for the machine to get away without any complex balancing on the tilting/adjusting mechanism.
The higher power ones would be too heavy, so the balancing (careful swivel axis positionning, springs, even counterweights,...) needs to be there, so then there is no reason togo for a simpler, more efficient and inherently more robust, although heavier induction.

The "European" seems to me as a larger blade, more powerful machine, while the US are smaller models.

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Question regarding to motors used in tabletop tile saws around the world « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 04:35:22 AM » Author: dor123
Seems that in Israel, there is a preference for larger tile saws than in the US. Same in Europe.
Probably this is related to the mains voltage in North America, Israel and Europe.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 04:49:16 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Question regarding to motors used in tabletop tile saws around the world « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 06:07:00 PM » Author: marcopete87
Hi, for my experience, universal motor for "house" equipement.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies