Author Topic: Philips made /N and /C lamps?  (Read 603 times)
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips made /N and /C lamps? « on: November 24, 2022, 01:12:12 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Saw this image in an ebay listing for 400 watt philips lamps. Apparently they kept making /C and /N after the takeover from Westinghouse

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/313895412114
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Philips made /N and /C lamps? « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 02:12:33 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I know Philips made the /N lamps into the 90s. I have a Philips H37KC-250/N from 11/91. Interestingly on the sleeve it has a similar box listing /C and /N available for 175w and 250w.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Philips made /N and /C lamps? « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 09:41:35 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Philips stopped making /C mercury vapor lamps for the North American market by 1991 according to a North American Philips catalog dating to 1991. Between 1985 and 1991, Philips did make both /C and /N mercury vapor lamps for the North American market during that time.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Philips made /N and /C lamps? « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 09:40:49 AM » Author: Foxtronix
Somebody did mention before (I wish I remembered who LOL) that Philips /N lamps were made as late as 1994. The H33GL-400/C was indeed still listed in the 1991 catalog, so it was offered at least up to that year. But I think at that point its phosphor coating was actually a mix of the /DX and /C types to improve the performances a bit while possibly maintaining its lower price (I assume /Cs were cheaper than /DXs during their period of coexistence).

It's kind of surprising to see that 400W /Cs were still ordered in non-negligible volumes by 1991, but apparently they were!

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Philips made /N and /C lamps? « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 06:48:09 PM » Author: lights*plus
Spectrally, the mix of /DX & /C phosphors from a Philips Styletone lamp can be seen here. And if interested, how they compare to other lamps if used as grow-lights.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies