Author Topic: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps  (Read 2475 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « on: November 26, 2022, 04:16:11 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After ordering some 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps to get for my collection from cp-lighting.co.uk, I got this message from one of the representatives:

Dear customer,

Unfortunately due to the nature of the item you have ordered we are unable to deliver by airfreight.
I have cancelled your order. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Regards
Christine

That seems absolutely ridiculous. :curse:  :curse: I wonder if there is a way to still get 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps shipped from the UK to the USA. I would really like to know why I am not able to get these lamps shipped to the USA for some odd reason. I used DPD for the shipping method.

So far, I know that lampco.uk and easy-lightbulbs also have 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps available for international shipping.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 04:22:50 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 05:52:22 AM » Author: Olav
I don't find the seller's reasoning ridiculous. I am reporting on this from my own experience. 

We agree that long discharge tubes are generally at greater risk of breakage than shorter discharge tubes. 

What have I experienced?  I wanted to pick up a SOX 180W lamp that I had ordered in Germany directly from the company.  "No, unfortunately that's not possible," that's what I was told. 

The lamp arrived damaged.  I complained about that with photos.  The next lamp was sent by the company as a replacement.  I offered again that I would rather pick up the lamp on site.  "No, unfortunately that's not possible," was the reply again.  3 lamps were damaged in transit.  It only worked on the 4th try. 

I can understand the cancellation of your purchase by the seller. 
Sodium is dangerous and flammable when in contact with air.  A fire in the cargo of an air freight is certainly "unattractive".  Parcels in air freight are not treated any better.  There are no white gloves there. 

Maybe you can find a UK member who can transport it to USA for you?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 07:24:03 AM » Author: Rommie
Whilst I agree with you on what you say Olav, there must be ways of doing it, or no US/CA members would have any SLI/H lamps, and we know that is not true. Personally I have always found CP Lighting to be very professional in the way they work, and I am sure it would be possible to come to some arrangement with them, even if it involved surface shipping, which would of course take longer.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 04:57:58 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I’m sure a british member here would be willing to ship you one if you’re desperate.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 04:58:18 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
indeed

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 11:10:00 PM » Author: Econolite03
Yeah, a 3-way deal seems like the only option really. I’m honestly not surprised the vendor is hesitant to shipping overseas since there’s too many risks that come with it since they’re such delicate lamps.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 11:10:41 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
What is a 3 way deal?

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 11:14:09 PM » Author: Econolite03
It would involve a European member buying the lamp from the vendor, then that member selling / shipping it to you. It involves 3 people; the vendor, another collector, then yourself.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 11:14:48 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
good to know

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 11:15:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
To be honest, even if you fly over, pick it up in person and fly back. If they won't let you carry it on the plane, I'm not sure if one of these would survive a trip through checked baggage. I've gotten small HID lamps and fluorescents intact through checked baggage but a 3ft SLI lamp seems more fragile. I suppose you could attempt to pack it in a large drain pipe with lots of padding but I heard the inner is the issue.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 04:33:50 AM » Author: Econolite03
I could see US customs being picky about it, could be a potential factor the vendor backed out.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 05:31:12 AM » Author: Rommie
Well, as I said before, people in the US do have these lamps, so it's obviously possible to send them. Maybe those that do have them can advise how they got them..? :sli:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bush DAC90A

View Posts
View Gallery
What Goes Up Must Come Down

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 04:01:12 PM » Author: Bush DAC90A
Hi just had a thought why the order might have been cancelled been air freight US customs might not allow sodium metal as it is classed as hazardous as well as anything containing mercury is not aloud.  If you call or email the sales team at C-P Lighting and ask for Paul  I am sure you will get an explanation why your order was cancelled kind regards Bob
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 09:53:33 PM » Author: funkybulb
I am  still getting Fluorescent fron England,   Thing is sodium metal is a big problem.  But My US post office already complaining about mercury.  US should be thankful for what sox lamps we had from  mid 1970s to philips end of prroduxtion
As those lamps were brought in by shipping container loads.

So on my Super sox package clear say not to post due to possable lamp breakage

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CP-Lighting canceled order for 200w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 12:04:00 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
My local post office asks "flammable , fragile , glass or mercury ?" every time I ship lamps.  I reply "yes , fragile glass"  they ask "what is it ? "  I just reply "an antique light bulb"  No more issues or questions .  Mercury lamps aren't exactly "safe" to ship but I don't feel they're really an issue as theyre's no too much mercury inside . But I can see why shipping companies would freak out about SOX lamps . A broken MV arc-tube wouldn't do much more than contaminate the packing material inside the box .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies